Re: Assault on language

  • jimstuart51
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 2, 2009
      Louise,

      Hopefully at some point you will be able to articulate your objections to feminism. As you suggest, perhaps they are connected to your dislike of modernity.

      As for the "silent, obedient child", did you never hear the saying "Children should be seen and not heard"? That was an idea that was still current when I was a child in the fifties and early sixties.

      Jim
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 3, 2009
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "jimstuart51" <jjimstuart1@...> wrote:

        > Louise,
        >
        > Hopefully at some point you will be able to articulate your
        > objections to feminism. As you suggest, perhaps they are connected to
        > your dislike of modernity.

        I hope so too. Not that I do dislike modernity, though. Maybe I will be able to explain that too, when I have had sufficient time to recover.

        > As for the "silent, obedient child", did you never hear the
        > saying "Children should be seen and not heard"? That was an idea that
        > was still current when I was a child in the fifties and early sixties.

        Yes, I have heard the saying, though not in connection with feminism. Is there a connection? L.