Re: Pretty thinking

  • dick.richardson@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
      Knowing things is no problem and if human beings didn't think, ask
      questions, seek answers, discover things, then you Ma'am would;
      still be living in a cave as would we all. What frightens you about
      knowledge for Ker-Riced sake ?

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.josie59" <mary.josie59@...>
      wrote:

      > I have to agree, Bill, that pretty thinking is a response, an escape.
      In the year since I've moved from my peaceful little rural village in
      Ohio, in fact up until yesterday morning, three women there have been
      brutally murdered. One was an elderly woman from our book club, another
      two young women were abducted and found dead, all killed by the same
      lunatic. A high schooler committed suicide, three died in three separate
      car accidents, and another shot himself cleaning his gun. These were all
      people we knew. Funeral and memorial services are nearly non-stop, and
      relief seems unattainable. I'm happy the universe is unfathomable.
      Knowing must be a terrible burden.

      > Mary

    • mary.josie59
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
        JesusFuckingChrist, Dick. You must be a real treat at funerals. Obviously we're not talking about facts or data: we're talking about having all the answers. You know, being a know-it-all. It must be terribly lonely.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
          And JesusFuckingChrist Mary, you plainly talk about what you don't
          know. At least I stick with what I do know, and which aint much, yet you
          talk through your arse about what you don't know. Nope, just been to
          a wedding and I was a whale thank you, have not been to a funeral in
          forty years. As for being lonely, man alive I wish I was at times. I
          would guess I have more friends in the USA than you have ( if that is
          where you come from) and I have never even been there. So know
          whatthefuck you are talking about before you say or write anything
          madam. Assumptions ain't a good travelling companion lady, and this
          ridiculous group is full of them. Sounds to me like they want to get a
          life. But if you want to believe that like so much other crap you
          believe then go for it hon.

          Dick Richardson

          wrote:

          > JesusFuckingChrist, Dick. You must be a real treat at funerals.
          Obviously we're not talking about facts or data: we're talking about
          having all the answers. You know, being a know-it-all. It must be
          terribly lonely.

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "dick.richardson@" dick.richardson@
          wrote:

          > > Knowing things is no problem and if human beings didn't think, ask
          > > questions, seek answers, discover things, then you Ma'am would;
          > > still be living in a cave as would we all. What frightens you about
          > > knowledge for Ker-Riced sake ?

        • Don Savolainen
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
            I thought this was an existentialist group. This reads like blah blah and boo hoo. Not very introspective here, folks.

          • eupraxis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
              You said it!

              Wil

              From: dick.richardson@... <dick.richardson@...>

              To: existlist@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 11:45 PM

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
                "You said it" is a real interesting and illuminating discussion
                isn't it? I get better conversations with bums living on the streets
                who live on meths. And as for that contrary idiot Mary who says so much
                about people whom she does not even know then you can see why this group
                is probably the most infamous and laughed at in the whole of cyberspace
                communication. And keep in mind that emails can be read here by non
                members. You don't even know how to run a chat group for Ker-Riced
                sake.

                Dick.