Re: [existlist] LIFE

  • Don Savolainen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
      Is it the Butterfly thinking it is Lao Tsu or is it Lao Tsu thinking it is the Butterfly?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
        Well I did notice that Lao Tsu was awarded the same Scientific Godprize
        :- )

        Take a look http://godprize.org/ <http://godprize.org/>

        But he is dead so I guess you cannot ask him chum. But you could ask me
        if you want to. But do you really want to know? And do you accept
        anything that anybody ever says? Some do some don't.

        Dick Richardson.

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Don Savolainen <donzfrei@...> wrote:

        > Is it the Butterfly thinking it is Lao Tsu or is it Lao Tsu thinking
        it is the Butterfly?

      • mary.josie59
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
          Something like that. I think it was Lao Tsu dreamed he was a butterfly. Perhaps both are true. Existentialism (Sartre) says not choosing is the same as choosing. Your critical thinking and/or emotional agonizing results in action/non-action and produces consequence, often not what you intend. If we are in a holographic universe, we are probably beyond good and evil. Is this anarchic or nihilistic? I don't think so, because our will to live and will to power render us a practical species, generally speaking. If you think you are a butterfly, you may be less likely to kill one or genetically modify crops. If you think you are a bird, you may need to eat your butterfly self. I think like a human, which means I can imagine and speculate and philosophize. I can't step off the hologram. I'm either playing (observing, being observed) AND I'm not, I think :)

          Mary