all is only always already information

  • mary.josie59
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
      You are the script, the actor, the movie, and the projector. Yesterday I watched "Gone Baby Gone" at home on DVD and "Public Enemies" in the theatre. Gray areas, beyond good and evil, existential choices, etc. Typically Dennis LeHane (author of former) and Michael Mann (producer of latter) leave me numb founded but shock full of messy metaphors.

      I've overused "illusion" myself, but won't anymore, because it has such negative connotation. If one carefully reads Alan Sondheim's essay, you'll be left with the nearly anguishing alterity addressed in existentialism. All is information, received and projected by existents. All is the same as nothing, but it's all we have. So all our opinions about how others should think and act? Cosmic dust. Sweep yours into your own little pile. Jacob Berkenstein suggests that "seeing the world in a grain of sand" is not merely poetic license. You might be in the grain looking at the grain looking at itself and/or you. If you can put your head around all that, never mind the mathematics, your response might be, well, silence. I'm heading into that corner of space-cyberspace myself.

    • dick.richardson@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
        Life is what you get, like it or not. I happen to like it but that is by
        the by. But given that you get it, then live it, question it, observe it
        in all its aspects; come to learn what you can and then share it with
        others. For they might not have found that bit and they may have found
        bits that you have not. Why look a gift horse in the mouth. So, what is
        observing it and what is being observed? Tis all there to find out.
        Find the deepest stuff and you will be amazed.

        Dick Richardson

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.josie59" <mary.josie59@...>
        wrote:

        > You are the script, the actor, the movie, and the projector. Yesterday
        I watched "Gone Baby Gone" at home on DVD and "Public Enemies" in the
        theatre. Gray areas, beyond good and evil, existential choices, etc.
        Typically Dennis LeHane (author of former) and Michael Mann (producer of
        latter) leave me numb founded but shock full of messy metaphors.

        > I've overused "illusion" myself, but won't anymore, because it has
        such negative connotation. If one carefully reads Alan Sondheim's essay,
        you'll be left with the nearly anguishing alterity addressed in
        existentialism. All is information, received and projected by existents.
        All is the same as nothing, but it's all we have. So all our opinions
        about how others should think and act? Cosmic dust. Sweep yours into
        your own little pile. Jacob Berkenstein suggests that "seeing the world
        in a grain of sand" is not merely poetic license. You might be in the
        grain looking at the grain looking at itself and/or you. If you can put
        your head around all that, never mind the mathematics, your response
        might be, well, silence. I'm heading into that corner of
        space-cyberspace myself.

        > Mary
        >
        > Mary
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "dick.richardson@" dick.richardson@
        wrote:

        > > Yours might be an illusion :- ) If so I hope you are having a good
        one.
        > > What is having the illusion? What is creating the illusion? I should
        > > have a good argument with that bastard if I were you mate :- ) BUT,
        if
        > > your life is an illusion then that is all you have got, innit; so
        that
        > > is your life; so that is your reality as is. So get on with it and
        learn
        > > what you can about that illusion.
        > >

        > > Dick

      • Don Savolainen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
          Is it the Butterfly thinking it is Lao Tsu or is it Lao Tsu thinking it is the Butterfly?

        • dick.richardson@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
            Well I did notice that Lao Tsu was awarded the same Scientific Godprize
            :- )

            Take a look http://godprize.org/ <http://godprize.org/>

            But he is dead so I guess you cannot ask him chum. But you could ask me
            if you want to. But do you really want to know? And do you accept
            anything that anybody ever says? Some do some don't.

            Dick Richardson.

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Don Savolainen <donzfrei@...> wrote:

            > Is it the Butterfly thinking it is Lao Tsu or is it Lao Tsu thinking
            it is the Butterfly?

          • mary.josie59
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
              Something like that. I think it was Lao Tsu dreamed he was a butterfly. Perhaps both are true. Existentialism (Sartre) says not choosing is the same as choosing. Your critical thinking and/or emotional agonizing results in action/non-action and produces consequence, often not what you intend. If we are in a holographic universe, we are probably beyond good and evil. Is this anarchic or nihilistic? I don't think so, because our will to live and will to power render us a practical species, generally speaking. If you think you are a butterfly, you may be less likely to kill one or genetically modify crops. If you think you are a bird, you may need to eat your butterfly self. I think like a human, which means I can imagine and speculate and philosophize. I can't step off the hologram. I'm either playing (observing, being observed) AND I'm not, I think :)

              Mary