Rudolf Steiner

  • dick.richardson@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Rudolf Steiner

      Never read Rudolf Steiner for I was not interested, all I ever read was
      a wee bit about him some place. But from what I did read it struck me
      that Steiner was not a mystic but a philosophical writer about mysticism
      who had met a real mystic on a train, was impressed and then carried on
      along those lines – excuse the pun; intended :- )

      However, OK, and most writers about mysticism and transcendence were not
      mystics, but of a similar ilk of academic writer. Generally speaking
      mystics do not write. But they can soon tell who is and who is not one,
      and that is all too easy. But if any academic does write about mystics
      and mysticism and makes a good job it (a few have but not many) then
      that is fine, so long as they put folks in the picture and let them know
      the truth of their stance and position. I have had lots of arguments and
      fights about this over the last forty years. Also syncretism does not
      help the cause if they also delve into that bag of nauseating mess. Just
      tell it as it is and then quit waffling.

      Dick Richardson