re[existlist]On peace

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2009
      Bill,

      In the last 20 years or so, as Clear Channel began to own almost all the radio stations, I suspect that there has been some sort of conspiracy to not bring along creative musical artists. I'd guess from the 30s until the time clear Channel got control of almost all radio stations, new music was constantly hawked to radio listeners. In the city of Memphis, Clear Channel owns the rock station, the black station, the country station etc. There are still some good tunes on the classic rock, but most are at least 20 and often 40 years old. In the last 10 years or so, u have many recording artists serving the police state by joing Recording Artists against Drunk Driving, and the military industrial complex at Hannity Freedom Concerts. Kid Rock a while back made a musical video to encourage recruitment in the National Guard, entitled Warrior[u can go to youtube and put Warrior by Kid Rock in their search to hear it]. Like Hitler advised for propaganda, it is aimed at the lowest common denominator. It starts with these lines. "Dont talk about whose right and wrong when liberty is slipping away. If u aint gonna fight, get out of the way". And Charley Daniels sings a song at Freedom Concerts with Hannity. Daniels has changed or dropped the line from his "Long Haired Countryboy" about "I get stoned in the morning, drunk in the afternoon" . Daniels also has a song he sings at the Freedom Concerts about "some panty waisted judge letting a drug dealer off with a slap on the wrist" and about lynching either judge or dealer or maybe both. Certainly rock and roll as it appeared in the 60s and 70s was very much pro peace, pro pot, and anti cop. To even call the current stuff by artists who r pushing military recruitment, reduced alchohol levels for DUI etc as rock and roll is to me very much Orwellian "newspeak". The essence of newspeak is the worship of words for beautiful ideas, but which have been reinterpreted to mean just the opposite. Another good example of "newspeak" is the judgeswho call themselves "originalists" who the original writer of the Constitution would call jerks. I've read a quote from Jefferson where he says "Its much better to have too much liberty rather than too little". Thats the opposite from the rulings of so called originalists like Scalia

      LIFE. LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
      Those that would deny a person's inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which certainly includes the right to get high, as well as the right to die, are the same bogus bastards who have the gall to make speeches about freedom every 4th of July.

      Groovy man

      by the Cool Cat

      www.thecoolcat.net

      All that said, like you I'd love to see more music festivals celebrating love and peace, and hope the promoters of such win over the Clear Channel type businesses.

      Peace,
      Tom