Young action

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2009
      Remember dirty tricks? I think the republicans coined the term relative to political intelligence and counter measures. The operatives in this genera were cynical and usually non violent. They would reschedule the oppositions plans. They might cancel the oppositions pizza order. They might pay the pizza delivery guy to put ex lax in the pizza. They might cube them on acid. Living politico is living in danger.
      These are tricks and usually happened below the press radar. I knew some of those guys and I never saw their names in the paper.
      Watergate could be put in the category except that breaking and entering is a felony. The plumbers were to plug leaks in the Nixon political machine but even those trained operatives got caught. Paranoia took Nixon down. He had to know what those Jews were doing. The new tapes give a clue as to how deviant Nixon had become. His language is repeatedly racist. The conversation with Bob Hope is especially telling. Hope was playing along with Nixon when the pres went on a rage against multiple enemies. Hope sounds incredulous but fearful as he does not cross Nixon.
      An operative from the other side once called me out to warn me that I could say anything I wanted but I would be punished if I kept giving money to the other side. That is real politique and it was right in my face. I do not think you can stop that sort of thing. If I turned him in he would have just denied the conversation. Some say playing to power is the high end of acting. What bizarre double think. The new Nixon tapes reveal Nixon bugging Kissinger who was on Nixons team. Bill