Virtual hanging

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2009
      ~ I think of that triumphal moment for the Poets of France when Paul Verlaine alighted from the 8.30 express at Oxford Station, took two steps forward, flung up his arms and declaimed to no one in particular: 'I am Paul Verlaine, drunkard, drug addict, liar, scoundrel, pederast and - Poet!' ~

      George Barker, 'Maximes'.

      The dead may, after all, speak through the mad. What is death? Who is Paul Verlaine, now? I am Artur Rimbaud. Many seasons in hell. No increase in wisdom. Possibly it is Louise who should hang. Then she would never return. Go to lower case, evermore, troublesome thinker.

      louise
      ... gospel revolutionary