Re: Life and Meaning

  • mary.josie59
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2009
      I agree the individual has to make these weighty decisions. The existential crux is taking responsibility when possible. Activism involves empathy, and isolation means more freedom. There are no guarantees regarding either tactic, merely personal convictions about your own life and death. We aren't born through choice, so we should have the right to die at least. Determining common or public interest is far more difficult than determining our individual interests. Assisted suicide will always be problematic for these reasons.

      Mary