RE: [existlist] Existentialism now

  • chris lofting
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2009

      to make such a statement shows EXTREME ignorance of the discipline and the
      research. Doing philosophy without understanding what guides such indicates
      an attempt to prop-up one's ego through use of denial and as such reflects
      an idealist mindset trying to break-free of biology. No can do dude. Death
      is inevitable and understanding the dynamics of life and death aids in
      appreciation of what is going on without the mumbo-jumbo of the
      over-educated. Existentialism, to be a philosophy, has to recognise change
      else it dies; if there is no fresh input in accord with development in
      sciences etc, where such development focuses on the basic methodology in
      processing meaning, then the naive perspectives of the original material
      become obviously past their best-before/use-by dates, as do those who
      continue to promote such perspectives. In fact to maintain such perspectives
      reflects the death throws of those maintainers and as such turns
      existentialism/philosophy into religion.