Re: The mystery

  • mary.josie59
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2009
      Bill,

      AP just reported, among other attempts to determine patient zero:

      "One of the deaths in Mexico directly attributed to swine flu was that of a Bangladeshi immigrant, said Mexico's chief epidemiologist Miguel Angel Lezana.

      Lezana said the unnamed Bangladeshi had lived in Mexico for six months and was recently visited by a brother who arrived from Bangladesh or Pakistan and was reportedly ill. The brother has left Mexico and his whereabouts are unknown, Lezana said. He suggested the brother could have brought the virus from Pakistan or Bangladesh."

      I have a good immune system but diminished lung function due to my T3 neurological impairment. I hope they develop a vaccine soon for everyone's sake. Nearly finished reading another Louise Erdrich novel, The Plague of Doves, about the philosophical and cultural clashes between Northern Plains Indians and European immigrants.

      Meanwhile, from my nest overlooking one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world, I watch the boat slips gradually fill in the marina. I've reached the big 60 and will probably celebrate on the beach. Should I accessorize with a black surgical mask to match my black sword cane?