I refuse

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
      The internet is perilous for the susceptible of feeling and imagination. I do not wish to be mesmerised, or misrepresented, especially by myself. My name attaches to my presence. I take it back.

      Louise
    • Laurie Schryver
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
        Thanks for that...I have always felt that the susceptibility lies in that old fear of death
        and the internet is one more promise of immortality with all the Faustian travails
        twists and turns and mistakes
        that are ultimately of humans
        not gods....
        Laurie

        To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        From: hecubatoher@...
        Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:18:09 +0000
        Subject: [existlist] I refuse

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
          Hi. I agree, that fear of death is probably a factor. The promise of immortality, though, from the internet, can't say has ever crossed my mind. It has only served at times as a kind of metaphor. I was just hoping, by participation, to learn from others, and share what matters to me. Enthusiasm tends to impede all my good intentions.

          Louise