Re: Freedom WITHIN that which is Determined.

  • jimstuart51
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      VJ Simms,

      I am not claiming that determinism is true. Much less am I claiming
      to have any proof of its truth.

      My position is sceptical. I do not know if determinism is true, and I
      do not know if human freedom of choice is true.

      Like you, I live as if I do have freedom of choice. However, I do not
      claim that my experience `proves' that I am free, which is what you
      seemed to be claiming in this sentence from your post 47240:

      "Can you not see that there are things which we can each choose to do
      whilst also there are things that we cannot choose to do?"

      You write more circumspectly in your latest post 47242, so I can
      agree with your more carefully word formulation of your position.

      Jim