Group Owner

  • Dick Richardson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
      Group Owner

      It seems that the only group owner and sole moderator here is somebody
      called PoetCSW, presumably the same person as CSWyat, and who is too
      busy to keep an eye on the group. Why have something if you are not
      going to attend its needs and look after it? Tis like having children
      and dumping them because you are too busy to attend their needs, let
      alone their wants. However.

      Dare I make a suggestion at least? Why not take if off plain text, for
      that is diabolical and so out of date. Oh yeah, another one; Why not
      open the files section up to the members so that they can upload their
      own articles which are too long for an email.

      As for members, it would be nice if folks cut the bottom off their
      posts, other than the actual bit they are replying to. It saves a bit of
      cyberspace too.

      Long live human communication – if they have anything to
      communicate.

      Dick.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Richardson" <somerset_2@...>
        wrote:

        > Group Owner
        >

        > It seems that the only group owner and sole moderator here is somebody
        > called PoetCSW, presumably the same person as CSWyat, and who is too
        > busy to keep an eye on the group. Why have something if you are not
        > going to attend its needs and look after it? Tis like having children
        > and dumping them because you are too busy to attend their needs, let
        > alone their wants. However.

        Good afternoon, Dick. I also am English. Your rudeness offends me.
        That aside, welcome to the group. I totally disagree with your
        perspective on the list. In the main, we are self-moderating here,
        and if we are children, it is only figuratively. We really ought to
        be old enough to regulate our own discourse, with interventions from
        CS Wyatt or from Susan Schnelbach, who also moderates here, when the
        need arises. Personally, I like the idea of hospitality. It's one of
        those ancient ideas, which tend to be the best. How to be a guest, is
        a kind of philosophical question. Probably like many other forms of
        knowledge, it can only be learnt by experience. And it depends to
        some extent on shared beliefs. You clearly think it right to be
        provocatively honest, in cases of disagreement, but I find it bizarre
        that you do not begin by engaging with existing discussion, or by
        starting one of your own. Louise
      • Dick Richardson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
          [Good afternoon, Dick. ]

          Good afternoon Louise.

          [I also am English ]

          Not many left these days are there.

          [Your rudeness offends me. ]

          Didn't know I was being rude. But if does then get over it.

          [That aside, welcome to the group ]

          Thank you very much. I was here before.

          [I totally disagree with your perspective on the list.]

          So what? Am I supposed to agree with yours?

          [we are self-moderating here, ]

          So am I.

          [We really ought to be old enough to regulate our own discourse]

          I am. But it is not a criteria of age mate.

          [Personally, I like the idea of hospitality ]

          I am not opposed to it either. Albeit good to be alone at times. One can
          think better that way.

          [It's one of those ancient ideas]

          Get on ; no kidding?

          [How to be a guest, is a kind of philosophical question]

          Just be yourself. If others like it then that is fine, if they don't
          then that is fine too. Only actors are not playing at being themselves.

          [And it depends to some extent on shared beliefs.]

          Beliefs don't interest me. Finding stuff does. Some guy believed
          that he was his wife's hat.

          [or by starting one of your own groups]

          I have started about thirty of them. And been on about 400 of them since
          cyberspace came about. Invited on to most of them. No problem.

          Dick.