Ideology fuels spin and discontinuity

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
      I read the Bush swan song word for word, then I viewed the address. It
      was painful and infuriatating. It was the manifesto of a believer. Our
      good logician,Wil, could take it apart phrase by phrase but it is not
      worth his talent.
      It is as if a separate history appeared to George and the rest of us
      just missed out. I guess we just did not get the morning briefings. I
      remember Nixon standing on the special knowledge a president can
      claim, it was all bull shit just as Bush has been a calamity of
      twisted spin and self serving revelations. I hope I can outlive Bush
      so I can relive the quiet satisfaction of surviving a tyrant of the
      mind. As another supreme egotist ended the Pacific theatre war.' These
      proceedings are closed'Douglas MacArther.Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2009
          I tried to watch, but my left eye twitched too much, like that character in the Pink Panther films. I watched Smallville and caught the speech afterwards. I found it to be a desperate attempt to disseminate talking points to his true believers, all six of them. Very sad.

          Wil

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2009
            It is my distinct hope that this public hanging of Louise come to an end. She gives an opinion that differs slightly with the rest of you capons and that just bursts your bubble. Get over it and move on to something worthy of your dormant minds.
            I have spent a day in disinformation. In a place distinguished by medical advance there are no masks, no cancellation of public events, nothing but the established and boring order. Now you politically perfect operants just how could that happen. We have two completely divergent news agendae but you have taken a third bait trail. Shame, where is your skeptism, why do you beat up a fellow for your programmed views?
            Why have they closed down Mexico and why would you ignore it. This is psycho war, covert war waged by the unseen for motives unknown. I could think up a few but I wouldn`t want to disturb your witch hunt. Bill
          • jimstuart51
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2009
              Bill,

              You write:

              "It is my distinct hope that this public hanging of Louise come to an end. She gives an opinion that differs slightly with the rest of you capons and that just bursts your bubble. Get over it and move on to something worthy of your dormant minds."

              I hardly think Louise is being subjected to a public hanging. The discussion over the last couple of days has been thoughtful, polite, well-informed and carefully argued without any personal attacks or ad hominem arguments.

              I agree the topics of race and racism have been dominant over recent weeks, but Louise herself has raised the subject more often than not, and surely it is better to get plentiful discussion of the issues close to one's heart rather than to have them completely ignored.

              Anyway, I'm going camping, so you won't hear anything from me for a few days.

              Jim
              … whose bubble does not feel particularly burst