Truffula seeds

  • mary.josie59
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 2, 2009
      Tom,

      The children ask: what have you done? what have you given us, except a mirror and an
      echo?

      What's so great about "our" lineage, other than it's ours? What's so great about
      "civilization," other than vaccines? Dark matter overrules, and neo-colonialism is
      determined to send us back to it, as if we ever left it. Let's eat more hamburger, drink
      more cola, and toast with nuclear cocktails!

      Lifted Lorax

      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 6, 2009

        > Jim,
        >
        > Thanks for the encouragement. A return to the thoughts of Nietzsche
        > may be just what the doctor ordered for me. I am in no condition at
        > present to consider the complexities of race, politics or war, and
        > feel this kind of subject-matter as personal grievance is the
        > antithesis of existential. Seems I am to blame.
        >
        > Louise

        Correction required here. All the indications so far are that I am
        not at all to blame.

        Louise

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "jimstuart51" <jjimstuart1@>
        wrote:

        > > Louise,
        > >
        > > My remark was not altogether serious, as I do share your concern
        that
        > > sometimes this forum becomes "seemingly indistinguishable from,
        say,
        > > an intelligent political journal."
        > >
        > > I realize our political views are very different and that, for
        the
        > > most part, I disagree with what you write and you disagree with
        what
        > > I write when we each express our political views.
        > >
        > > However, when we return to philosophical and existential matters,
        > > think my outlook is closer to yours than to any of our American
        > > friends.
        > >
        > > I accept that communication about serious matters is often
        difficult,
        > > and misunderstandings easily arise, but I genuinely appreciate
        your
        > > distinctive contribution to this list. I quite agree with what
        Mary