Re: [existlist] Re: Into the bush with an AK

  • tom
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 30, 2008
      There are certainly distinctions between the parties in this country. However, many are not written in stone. Probably since the Nixon years, the Democratic Party has been regarded in the US as the more peaceful. Many of the original Neocons were former Democrats who switched over to Reagan and Republicanism, because they favored a more aggressive position in the cold war, as well as their hate for the counterculture. But if you go back to before WW2, the parties were reversed regarding military inervention. FDR was much more inclined to involve the US in WW2;whereas Republican Bob Taft favored noninvolvement. Ron Paul said during the Republican primary that he was a traditional conservative of the Bob Taft variety rather than a Neoconservative. My sympathies may vary from libertarian to liberal, but my opposition to Neoconservatism is constant. The two things I despise about Neoconservatism is their extremely aggressive positions on intervention and so called defense spending, and the growth of the police state prison industrial complex and the incarceration rate. You can usually depend on a right wing jock always worshiping the military and the police.

      Tom
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 30, 2008

        ?