Re: [existlist] Another fine selection

  • tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008
      I hope that the Obama administration will make moves to reduce the extent that the US is the great hated Satan of the mideast. Nobody wants a bunch of foreigners with guns and bombs going around their world telling them how to live. The dogs know who don't belong there. Dogs can smell an invader. In one of the Repuiblican debates Ron Paul said 911 was blowback for 50 years of US mideast policy. Paul asked how would we like it if China was building all kinds of huge military bases in Panama. Ron Paul said he'd not only withdraw troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, but from Japan, Korea, Geermany etc. Of course Paul uisually polled less than 10% of the votes in the primary, so for me Obama was certainly someone more likely to be more moderate on issues of foreign relations and criminal justice issues such as the war on drugs. I certainly hope for the best. Bill Clinton cut the defense budget by about a third while the economy rapidly adapted to a shift from defense into expenditures for entertainment and communications. However prison populations continued to raidly increase and the number of people convicted of mariuana offences doubled. In my scale of values, the more dominated a politician is by or allied with the military industrial complex and the police state, the more I oppose them. Of course, u dont have to be a genius to see the advantage of having an alliance with the military industrial establishment and the police state rather than me.
      Tom

      Tom