Re: lets play!

    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
      Wil,

      Thanks for the explanations. I find them helpful. There's not much
      more to say, because the apparent mutual incomprehension is so great.

      Louise

      > Louise,
      >
      > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym, and I was following suit,
      for "fun".

      > Thing two: Suende is the actual spelling of my (German) last name
      before being garbled by Ellis Island here in the states. The "von" is
      a conceit which I sometimes employ among friends.

      > Thing three: When someone says that he or she does not care for a
      deceased writer, most normal, or at least medicated persons
      understand the sense that is meant by that. And I do not care for
      Hannah Arendt.

      > Thing four: You outbursts alleging "unphilosophical" turns of
      phrase really make you look out of sorts, dear.

      > Yours,
      > The Thinger aka von Suende aka Wil

      Nietzsche?

      > If one has never met a particular person, now deceased, one cannot
      >
      > care for their welfare, only for their honour or reputation. I
      >
      > realise that for believing Roman Catholics, for instance, it might
      be

      > a different matter. The doctrine of Purgatory is difficult for me
      >
      > grasp, like much that belongs to the Catholic tradition, as you may
      >
      > have noticed. Louise

      > > > You Nazi...If anyone should appreciate this, you should.
      >

      > > > Or is it that you just don't like fun?
      >

      > > > Gorphel Borphel
      >

      > > > PS -- lets play used to be restaurant jargon for time to do
      >
      > > > coke...isn't life grand?

      > > **************
      >
      > > Finally, one site has it all: your friends, your email, your
      >
      > > favorite sites. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?
      optin=new-

      > dp&
      >
      > > icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000006)

    • Knott
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
        > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
        > and I was following suit, for "fun".

        A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
        but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
        old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
        far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
        battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
        beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.

        Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

        iCount Onnit
      • eupraxis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
          iCount Onnit,

          "... every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a battle, or battles the
          odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a beetle at the bottom of a bottle,
          battling"

          Yes, that has been my experience, as well. I prefer posts to be al dente, but
          I hope that isn't just because I like to bite.

          Vlad

          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 7, 2008
            Count Knott,

            It is occurring to my overtaxed brain that I have been possibly quite
            misguided in associating your own absurdist skills with the dialectic
            and pseudonymous method of Soren Kierkegaard. Whence many confusions.
            Time for a significant rethink.

            Counted Out

            > > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
            > > and I was following suit, for "fun".
            >
            > A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
            > but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
            > old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
            > far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
            > battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
            > beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.
            >
            > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
            >
            > iCount Onnit

          • Knott
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 8, 2008
              > Time for a significant rethink.
              > Counted Out

              > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

              Did you hit the button too hard?

              Knott On
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 9, 2008

                > > Time for a significant rethink.
                > > Counted Out
                >
                > > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
                >
                > Did you hit the button too hard?
                >
                > Knott On

                Now where is the pause button, I'm wondering, and then I see it on the
                keyboard. The top row of keys tends to escape my notice.

                Selective Observer