Re: [existlist] Re: lets play!

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
      Louise,

      Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym, and I was following suit, for "fun".

      Thing two: Suende is the actual spelling of my (German) last name before being garbled by Ellis Island here in the states. The "von" is a conceit which I sometimes employ among friends.

      Thing three: When someone says that he or she does not care for a deceased writer, most normal, or at least medicated persons understand the sense that is meant by that. And I do not care for Hannah Arendt.

      Thing four: You outbursts alleging "unphilosophical" turns of phrase really make you look out of sorts, dear.

      Yours,
      The Thinger aka von Suende aka Wil

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
        Wil,

        Thanks for the explanations. I find them helpful. There's not much
        more to say, because the apparent mutual incomprehension is so great.

        Louise

        > Louise,
        >
        > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym, and I was following suit,
        for "fun".

        > Thing two: Suende is the actual spelling of my (German) last name
        before being garbled by Ellis Island here in the states. The "von" is
        a conceit which I sometimes employ among friends.

        > Thing three: When someone says that he or she does not care for a
        deceased writer, most normal, or at least medicated persons
        understand the sense that is meant by that. And I do not care for
        Hannah Arendt.

        > Thing four: You outbursts alleging "unphilosophical" turns of
        phrase really make you look out of sorts, dear.

        > Yours,
        > The Thinger aka von Suende aka Wil

      • Knott
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
          > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
          > and I was following suit, for "fun".

          A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
          but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
          old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
          far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
          battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
          beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.

          Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

          iCount Onnit
        • eupraxis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
            iCount Onnit,

            "... every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a battle, or battles the
            odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a beetle at the bottom of a bottle,
            battling"

            Yes, that has been my experience, as well. I prefer posts to be al dente, but
            I hope that isn't just because I like to bite.

            Vlad

            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 7, 2008
              Count Knott,

              It is occurring to my overtaxed brain that I have been possibly quite
              misguided in associating your own absurdist skills with the dialectic
              and pseudonymous method of Soren Kierkegaard. Whence many confusions.
              Time for a significant rethink.

              Counted Out

              > > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
              > > and I was following suit, for "fun".
              >
              > A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
              > but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
              > old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
              > far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
              > battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
              > beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.
              >
              > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
              >
              > iCount Onnit

            • Knott
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 8, 2008
                > Time for a significant rethink.
                > Counted Out

                > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

                Did you hit the button too hard?

                Knott On
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 9, 2008

                  > > Time for a significant rethink.
                  > > Counted Out
                  >
                  > > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
                  >
                  > Did you hit the button too hard?
                  >
                  > Knott On

                  Now where is the pause button, I'm wondering, and then I see it on the
                  keyboard. The top row of keys tends to escape my notice.

                  Selective Observer