lets play guess the source

    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
      ~ No one must lightly dismiss the question of race. It is the key to
      world history and it is precisely for this reason that written history
      so often lacks clarity - it is written by people who do not understand
      the race question and what belongs to it. Language and religion do not
      make a race, only blood does that. ~

      ~ The failure of the powerful and wealthy Jewish American community to
      launch one objective scholarly study of the causes of anti-Semitism is
      significant. Neither the religious nor the lay leaders of the many
      Jewish organisations wish to lose this potent weapon. Remove prejudice
      and lose adherents to the faith ... This is the conspiracy of the
      rabbinate, Jewish nationalists and other leaders of organised Jewry to
      keep the problems of prejudice alive. ~

      ~ The West has been crippled by a corrosive and corrupt ideology-
      morality that causes our political-intellectual elites to declare
      themselves in sympathy with, and in support of, the very elements that
      boldly proclaim their goal to be the destruction of the West. ~

      Salon Activist
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
        Sieg heil, baby!

        Wil

        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
          Oh, if only it were an enjoyable game ...

          I didn't include a quote from Arendt. What about this one, from "The
          Origins of Totalitarianism":

          ~ Twentieth century political developments have driven the Jewish
          people into the storm centre of events; the Jewish question and anti-
          semitism ... became the catalytic agent, first for the rise of the
          Nazi movement and the establishment of the organisational structure
          of the Third Reich ... then for a world war of unparalleled ferocity.~

          Louise

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
            So, what's your point?

            Wil

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
              As I made clear in a recent post, when we were discussing the
              quotation from Orwell's "1984", the attempt to understand history is
              important. Furthermore, those of you in the USA can have little idea
              of how stifling the gradual loss of our liberties has been for quite
              a large cross-section of British people. Our laws are more stringent
              than yours, in regard to freedom of speech, for instance. I have
              been led into all kinds of indirectness, which might easily appear as
              dishonesty, by the fear in which I was kept by quite a surprising
              number of strangers.

              Louise

              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
                anyway, here are the answers, all quotations having been taken from
                Ivor Benson's "The Zionist Factor" (Veritas 1986):

                > ~ No one must lightly dismiss the question of race. It is the key
                > world history and it is precisely for this reason that written
                history
                > so often lacks clarity - it is written by people who do not
                understand
                > the race question and what belongs to it. Language and religion do
                not
                > make a race, only blood does that. ~

                Benjamin Disraeli, "Endymion".

                > ~ The failure of the powerful and wealthy Jewish American community
                > launch one objective scholarly study of the causes of anti-Semitism
                is
                > significant. Neither the religious nor the lay leaders of the
                many
                > Jewish organisations wish to lose this potent weapon. Remove
                prejudice
                > and lose adherents to the faith ... This is the conspiracy of the
                > rabbinate, Jewish nationalists and other leaders of organised Jewry
                > keep the problems of prejudice alive. ~

                Alfred M. Lilienthal, "The Other Side of the Coin".

                > ~ The West has been crippled by a corrosive and corrupt ideology-
                > morality that causes our political-intellectual elites to declare
                > themselves in sympathy with, and in support of, the very elements
                that
                > boldly proclaim their goal to be the destruction of the West. ~

                Richard Clark, "Technological Terrorism".

              • eupraxis@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
                  Louise,

                  You are incorrigible.

                  "To be a racist is to love ONE'S OWN RACE."

                  Response: Were it only so simple as that. Terms such as this, and especially
                  such as this, make sense, have a sense, only within an economy differences.
                  If, that is, all humanity were to see itself as one species without
                  differentiations, there would be no conceptual need for such. Your "love" for your "race"
                  is the woof of another warp altogether, one that you once fantasized hitting
                  with a bat, or making into permanent house help, and other questionable things.

                  ---
                  "The biological term for the white race is Europid, which comprises several
                  subdivisions. For Europid peoples, nation and a conception of civilisation go
                  hand in hand with race, at least for the racially aware and patriotic."

                  Response: More self-delusion. Racial awareness as patriotism: the last
                  bastion of scoundrels, Louise. I fear for you. These kinds of ideas can only hurt
                  you.

                  Wil

                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008

                    > Louise,
                    >
                    > You are incorrigible.

                    I find this remark rather harsh.

                    > "To be a racist is to love ONE'S OWN RACE."
                    >
                    > Response: Were it only so simple as that. Terms such as this, and
                    especially
                    > such as this, make sense, have a sense, only within an economy
                    differences.
                    > If, that is, all humanity were to see itself as one species without
                    > differentiations, there would be no conceptual need for such.

                    It's a big "if", isn't it? I should know, after what I have been
                    through, attempting to uphold the gentle way of Nooism.

                    Your "love" for your "race"
                    > is the woof of another warp altogether, one that you once
                    fantasized hitting
                    > with a bat, or making into permanent house help, and other
                    questionable things.

                    Now, you know just how much provocation I have suffered at this list,
                    including from Trinidad Cruz. Don't you think that my fantasy, as
                    you call it, of hitting people I was afraid of with a bat, owed
                    something to a transference from Trini's youthful experience? Or
                    were you not at the list when he told us that story? Permanent house
                    help? What was that about?

                    > ---
                    > "The biological term for the white race is Europid, which comprises
                    several
                    > subdivisions. For Europid peoples, nation and a conception of
                    civilisation go
                    > hand in hand with race, at least for the racially aware and
                    patriotic."

                    > Response: More self-delusion. Racial awareness as patriotism: the
                    last
                    > bastion of scoundrels, Louise. I fear for you. These kinds of ideas
                    can only hurt
                    > you.
                    >
                    > Wil

                    I am grateful, Wil, that you fear for me. However, you misread my
                    statement. There are plenty of people who are patriotic but not
                    racially aware. I think their sentiments are somewhat dangerous.
                    However, it is also dangerous to think aloud, unfortunately. Louise

                  • tom
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
                      Louise,
                      The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world. I'm sure in some ways your laws are stricter than ours, but the US has 5% of the world's people, and 25% of its prisoners. Calling America the land of the free has a certain Orwellian connotaion. Why wouldn't it since Oceana was a futuristic projection of a combined US and UK. The US has more people in prison for drugs than the european Union does for all crimes, and the European Union has more people than the US.

                      The Special Branch in the UK, the police intelligence group, maintained a file on Orwell during the later part of his life.[60] The dossier published by Britain's National Archives mentions that according to one investigator, Orwell's tendency of clothing himself "in Bohemian fashion," revealed that the author was "a Communist":[61]

                      "This man has advanced Communist views, and several of his Indian friends say that they have often seen him at Communist meetings. He dresses in a bohemian fashion both at his office and in his leisure hours."[62]

                      FREEWORLD
                      Where in the hell is the free world?

                      It sure in the the hell ain't here.

                      This is the kind of place where you can get popped for riding around in your own car with an open bottle of beer.

                      Our ancestors came to America, because they wanted to be free; but the America of their descendants has become more and more just another Goddamned police state, not a hell of a lot different than Red China or Iran, as far as I can see.

                      It wouldn't suprise me if they made a law making it illegal to take a pee.

                      And I can just imagine some bogus politician answering a question on tv, saying,"My opponent urinates frequently, but NEVER me."

                      Groovy man

                      by the Cool Cat

                      www.thecoolcat.net

                      Tom

                      As I made clear in a recent post, when we were discussing the
                      quotation from Orwell's "1984", the attempt to understand history is
                      important. Furthermore, those of you in the USA can have little idea
                      of how stifling the gradual loss of our liberties has been for quite
                      a large cross-section of British people. Our laws are more stringent
                      than yours, in regard to freedom of speech, for instance. I have
                      been led into all kinds of indirectness, which might easily appear as
                      dishonesty, by the fear in which I was kept by quite a surprising
                      number of strangers.

                      Louise

                      > So, what's your point?
                      >
                      > Wil
                      >
                      > In a message dated 11/30/08 8:41:53 PM, hecubatoher@... writes:
                      >
                      > > Oh, if only it were an enjoyable game ...
                      > >
                      > > I didn't include a quote from Arendt. What about this one,
                      from "The
                      > > Origins of Totalitarianism"
                      > >
                      > > ~ Twentieth century political developments have driven the Jewish
                      > > people into the storm centre of events; the Jewish question and
                      anti-
                      > > semitism ... became the catalytic agent, first for the rise of the
                      > > Nazi movement and the establishment of the organisational
                      structure
                      > > of the Third Reich ... then for a world war of unparalleled
                      ferocity.~

                      > > Louise

                    • tom
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 30, 2008
                        Louise,

                        Most of my friends are white like myself, but I have some friends of all races. I'm sure there are millions if not hundreds of millions of people of various races that I would identify much more with than guys like George Bush, Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Shaun Hannity etc. who are probably from a similar Anglo Saxon stock as myself. As for anti-Semitism, like everything it's partly based on truth, and partly on lies. Since medieval times, Jews were literate when most of our ancestors couldn't read. They tended to be the shopkeepers, and money lenders; and much of anti-Semitism has been based on the resentment of workers against the owning class. In many cases I'm sure their resentment was justified, and in many other cases it wasn't. But anti-Semitism is at least partially based on the resentment of the proletariat for the more prosperous and educated bougeois. It's interesting that Jewish people have been so highly represented as capitalists as well as communists. As for anti-Semitism as it developed in Nazi Germany, the very fact that due to their international sympathies due to family loyalties that crossed borders as well as their high intelligance and literacy, they would not readily blend into a national mass to follow the Fuhrer.

                        The West has been crippled by a corrosive and corrupt ideology-
                        morality that causes our political-intellectual elites to declare
                        themselves in sympathy with, and in support of, the very elements that
                        boldly proclaim their goal to be the destruction of the West. ~

                        Certainly the politically elites of the last 8 years in the US have not been very sympathetic to the elements that proclaim their goal to destroy us. One of the main reasons they want to destroy us is the intrusion of western powers [mainly the US but also UK and I guess some others] into their territories. As Ron Paul asked in the Republican debate in 07"How would we like it if China was building many huge military bases in Panama like the US is building in the mideast?".

                        Tom

                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
                          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tsmith17_midsouth1@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Louise,
                          >
                          > Most of my friends are white like myself, but I have some friends
                          of all races. I'm sure there are millions if not hundreds of millions
                          of people of various races that I would identify much more with than
                          guys like George Bush, Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Shaun Hannity etc.
                          who are probably from a similar Anglo Saxon stock as myself. As for
                          anti-Semitism, like everything it's partly based on truth, and partly
                          on lies. Since medieval times, Jews were literate when most of our
                          ancestors couldn't read. They tended to be the shopkeepers, and money
                          lenders; and much of anti-Semitism has been based on the resentment
                          of workers against the owning class. In many cases I'm sure their
                          resentment was justified, and in many other cases it wasn't. But anti-
                          Semitism is at least partially based on the resentment of the
                          proletariat for the more prosperous and educated bougeois. It's
                          interesting that Jewish people have been so highly represented as
                          capitalists as well as communists. As for anti-Semitism as it
                          developed in Nazi Germany, the very fact that due to their
                          international sympathies due to family loyalties that crossed borders
                          as well as their high intelligance and literacy, they would not
                          readily blend into a national mass to follow the Fuhrer.

                          > The West has been crippled by a corrosive and corrupt ideology-
                          > morality that causes our political-intellectual elites to declare
                          > themselves in sympathy with, and in support of, the very elements
                          that
                          > boldly proclaim their goal to be the destruction of the West. ~
                          >
                          > Certainly the politically elites of the last 8 years in the US have
                          not been very sympathetic to the elements that proclaim their goal to
                          destroy us. One of the main reasons they want to destroy us is the
                          intrusion of western powers [mainly the US but also UK and I guess
                          some others] into their territories. As Ron Paul asked in the
                          Republican debate in 07"How would we like it if China was building
                          many huge military bases in Panama like the US is building in the
                          mideast?".

                          > Tom

                          Tom, My feelings of concern or even of desperation, for many years,
                          was entirely about the full experience of existing, which includes a
                          sense of what I see happening about me, my pride of ancestry, of what
                          the greatest men and women of my nation have achieved, and, following
                          upon all this, a wish to die with the hope kept alive, that this kind
                          of civilisation, which has nourished me, should continue. So it is
                          not a matter of identifying with particular individuals who are of
                          the same racial stock as myself. That is not what I mean by racial
                          awareness. Personally, I sometimes find it unwelcome if the racial
                          origin of any person I was interacting with should be the most
                          prominent factor in my consciousness, and mostly, I don't really find
                          my inward experience is like that, except when I am in poetic mood,
                          and the physical beauty of the different racial types is part of
                          one's field of vision. It's quite difficult to explain. Actually, I
                          am getting a sense of transition at the moment, that the mental
                          censorship and ignorance concerning racial factors with which I was
                          raised, at home and school and among my peers, is lifting, and a
                          simple pleasure and pride at seeing and hearing a particular
                          individual (on tv, for instance) does allow for a feeling of kinship
                          rather new to me. However, in presenting these quotations, I wanted
                          to draw attention to my belief that it is quite legitimate, and,
                          indeed, urgent, that nothing should be excluded from the spectrum of
                          truths to which our thoughts have access. To neglect or obstruct
                          honest statement, to obstruct the dissemination of knowledge, is
                          contentious, to say the least, and can be most culpable. The factor
                          of race is important in considerations of public policy. Of that I
                          have no doubt. The controversy of anti-Semitism is most specific,
                          and charged with an intensity of feeling that would require a
                          separate e-mail, if I were to begin an attempt to think about it in a
                          measured way. Louise

                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008

> [...]
                            > rather new to me. However, in presenting these quotations, I
                            wanted
                            > to draw attention to my belief that it is quite legitimate, and,
                            > indeed, urgent, that nothing should be excluded from the spectrum
                            of
                            > truths to which our thoughts have access. To neglect or obstruct
                            > honest statement, to obstruct the dissemination of knowledge, is
                            > contentious, to say the least, and can be most culpable. The
                            factor
                            > of race is important in considerations of public policy. Of that I
                            > have no doubt. The controversy of anti-Semitism is most specific,
                            > and charged with an intensity of feeling that would require a
                            > separate e-mail, if I were to begin an attempt to think about it in
                            > measured way. Louise
                            > > Louise, I think I could distinguish you as a nationalist. It is
                            not a term currently politically correct but it sure beats racist.
                            Some of my sentiments drift toward nationalism as I desire some
                            attachment to powerful order. I feel close to the Army, I mean how
                            the hell can you feel close to the Army? It is a strange Teddy Bear
                            and I do not pretend it makes any sense.
                            Certainly I see you as a straight line thinker, when you seize on a
                            topic you rule it to the exclusion of outside interruption. I am
                            forced to work a different pattern. I am continually interrupted
                            and now the interrupters just holler" Knock, Knock "and barge on
                            in. I should appreciate any attention I get because I know it will
                            disappear with time. Then I can see the nationalism returning.
                            Memories and symbols can fill voids and although such driven
                            patriotism may be all self serving I do not think it makes one a
                            scoundrel. If no one else cares you look to yourself and use what you
                            need. If I were British I would take great inspiration from your
                            excellent national symbols. I weep at many of our national monuments
                            and I cannot tell you why. So I join you in the sort of a
                            nationalism that has grown unnoticed within me.I banished the more
                            overt intrusions on normality such as tearing up to taps. The
                            national Anthem almost always gets me.
                            We are so wildly diverse here that color or race just matter less
                            and less. In a pocket of confederate nationalism as I was in this
                            weekend I saw many people who would share many of your
                            perspectives. I understand them but I feel very little for them. The
                            Confederacy lost to my team and so I write their history. They know
                            this last election doomed their hopes of return to supremacy. Their
                            children will be indoctrinated in other perspectives and that is
                            most distressing. I was fourth or fifth generation Irish and still
                            carried many ancestral concepts and customs. I knew in junior high
                            school that I would not be living my life as an Irishman. It just was
                            no longer relevant and so I put away the Shamrocks and Leprechauns
                            as I later dumped the catholic junk. I still find a cause with
                            existentialism as the post modernism that attempts to replace it is
                            very unacceptable to me. I am tempted to run on with our member who
                            still wants to drive around with a beer. Like the confederates I know
                            that is gone. Bill

                          • Knott
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
                              > ~ The failure of the powerful and wealthy
                              > Jewish American community to
                              > launch one objective scholarly study of
                              > the causes of anti-Semitism is
                              > significant.

                              I know this one...Moe from the Three Stooges

                              Alf The Fifth
                            • Knott
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
                                > So, what's your point?
                                > Wil

                                You Nazi...If anyone should appreciate this, you should.

                                Or is it that you just don't like fun?

                                Gorphel Borphel

                                PS -- lets play used to be restaurant jargon for time to do
                                coke...isn't life grand?
                              • eupraxis@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 1, 2008
                                  I just never really cared for Hannah Arendt.

                                  von Suende

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008

                                    > I just never really cared for Hannah Arendt.
                                    >
                                    > von Suende

                                    Can't say I understand this kind of pseudonymous ploy. The fact is,
                                    Wil, I know that it is really you, as though under a Santa Claus
                                    beard. A rather unphilosophical turn of phrase, I should have
                                    thought. After all, do you "care for" Kant, or Hegel, or Nietzsche?
                                    If one has never met a particular person, now deceased, one cannot
                                    care for their welfare, only for their honour or reputation. I
                                    realise that for believing Roman Catholics, for instance, it might be
                                    a different matter. The doctrine of Purgatory is difficult for me to
                                    grasp, like much that belongs to the Catholic tradition, as you may
                                    have noticed. Louise

                                  • eupraxis@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
                                      Louise,

                                      Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym, and I was following suit, for "fun".

                                      Thing two: Suende is the actual spelling of my (German) last name before being garbled by Ellis Island here in the states. The "von" is a conceit which I sometimes employ among friends.

                                      Thing three: When someone says that he or she does not care for a deceased writer, most normal, or at least medicated persons understand the sense that is meant by that. And I do not care for Hannah Arendt.

                                      Thing four: You outbursts alleging "unphilosophical" turns of phrase really make you look out of sorts, dear.

                                      Yours,
                                      The Thinger aka von Suende aka Wil

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Dec 2, 2008
                                        Wil,

                                        Thanks for the explanations. I find them helpful. There's not much
                                        more to say, because the apparent mutual incomprehension is so great.

                                        Louise

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                                          > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
                                          > and I was following suit, for "fun".

                                          A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
                                          but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
                                          old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
                                          far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
                                          battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
                                          beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.

                                          Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

                                          iCount Onnit
                                        • eupraxis@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 3, 2008
                                            iCount Onnit,

                                            "... every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a battle, or battles the
                                            odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a beetle at the bottom of a bottle,
                                            battling"

                                            Yes, that has been my experience, as well. I prefer posts to be al dente, but
                                            I hope that isn't just because I like to bite.

                                            Vlad

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 7, 2008
                                              Count Knott,

                                              It is occurring to my overtaxed brain that I have been possibly quite
                                              misguided in associating your own absurdist skills with the dialectic
                                              and pseudonymous method of Soren Kierkegaard. Whence many confusions.
                                              Time for a significant rethink.

                                              Counted Out

                                              > > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym,
                                              > > and I was following suit, for "fun".
                                              >
                                              > A fair enough interpretation, and I see how you could arrive there,
                                              > but my name ACTUALLY changes every time I post, like the dude in that
                                              > old epic poem that changed his name every time he fought a battle...As
                                              > far as I am concerned every post IS a battle. Or has potential to be a
                                              > battle, or battles the odds, or is at odds with a battle, or is a
                                              > beetle at the bottom of a bottle, battling.
                                              >
                                              > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
                                              >
                                              > iCount Onnit

                                            • Knott
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Dec 8, 2008
                                                > Time for a significant rethink.
                                                > Counted Out

                                                > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.

                                                Did you hit the button too hard?

                                                Knott On
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Dec 9, 2008

                                                  > > Time for a significant rethink.
                                                  > > Counted Out
                                                  >
                                                  > > > Please hit the pause button, but watch out, it may slap you back.
                                                  >
                                                  > Did you hit the button too hard?
                                                  >
                                                  > Knott On

                                                  Now where is the pause button, I'm wondering, and then I see it on the
                                                  keyboard. The top row of keys tends to escape my notice.

                                                  Selective Observer