Re: [existlist] Re: Socrates

  • tom
    Message 1 of 109 , Nov 30, 2008
      Aija,
      The term pagan means rural person, and I've heard during the middle ages that Christianity was the religion of the big cities, and centers of politics; but the rural areas still followed nature based paganism,although often through discretion was used to avoid persecutions by the powers of the state.Often on the surface, rural churches were Christian, but in reality pagan. I've heard the same situation has existed in South America and the Caribean.
      Tom

      Message 109 of 109 , Nov 30, 2008