RE: Authentic City

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      > There seems to be some kind of basic contradiction in the lives of a
      great number of people. We go through great lengths examining such
      things as gold and diamonds and works of Art and facts of Science and
      paper money, in an effort to determine their authenticity (realness)
      and to prevent any counterfeiting, Yet we take great pride in our own
      lives that we are able to put on masks and appear as something we are
      not. We take great pride in being fakes and counterfeits. Why is this?

      Knott that *I* know anything...Contradiction may be apparent in that
      it may not be contradiction at all...or perhaps it is what you prefer
      to see. That is I wonder if the insane inmate (any of many) with the
      Jesus facade is more a truth than a lie. Believing in one's character
      and playing the role is necessarily false? I don't know that I could
      say that is true from my perspective.

      I examine coins and science and art, and even find the imitations are
      original -- or as original as they can be given the wonderment I have
      that anything is real. At the same time there is value in none of it
      that goes beyond my interest in it, except that that are a part of the
      baggie of tokens that comes with the game. Read the rules, play along.
      Society is my imagination. Political correctness...hahahahahehehe. It
      is all a part and parcel of which psychosis one has chosen to don as
      the acceptable one. You poke fun perhaps at the joking Jesuz in
      straight jacket, and he pokes fun at you.

      If you merely mean that some build the facade that they are worth more
      by gathering about them hummers and bountiful homes and items of showy
      shiny worth, than I think it can be described as their choice of
      interest...which some may see as more or less shallow. But if that is
      the way they like to play, then those are their rules. I hear some
      people play Monopoly where you can add as many hotels as you want,
      where free parking wins payment from a collection on the board of
      fees, and other flights of fancy from the hard rules as printed and
      distributed. They seem to me additions in the hope of making it all
      more interesting...and what else is there?

      It is interesting or nothing.

      Bent Monocular Onda Boardwalk