Old, religous,rural

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2008
      The number crunching on election statistics is well under way. There is
      something about the rep base to be learned. Gergan said the republican
      party is reduced to a southern party. With Virginia, North Carolina and
      Florida defecting from Nixons southern strategy the coalition is
      broken. Red means rural and without the suburbs the base can no longer
      cause elective change.
      Old is to some sense self limiting. Many of those voters will be dead
      by the next election.
      The religous factor remains and this list has done what it could to
      disparage faith based meddling. I cannot think that the religous will
      learn to separate politics from religion. In this fight I must side
      with the IRS. If they preach politics they lose their tax deduction.
      Many of you may see that as harsh but those simpletons, hideing in the
      hollars, are much more dangerous than moonshiners . We use ATF to
      break them down, why not the snake handlers.
      I think much of our troubles spring from a lack of sound
      philosophical principles. That is the main reason I am on the list. Bill