Re: The start

  • devogney
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
      I agree totally. At last, the hopes and dreams of humanity creating a
      better world are being given some expression in the real world. I
      thought the Russian action on the following day of Obama's election
      almost suggests to me the possibility of some collusion between the
      Russians and Neocons. The idea that any reduction of an aggressive
      foreign policy and arms build up will be taken advantage of by rival
      nations is the crux of any militaristic agenda. And of course,the most
      effective propaganda is half truths; and the fact is that not only the
      US but Russia and China also have military industrial police state
      coalitions always seeking to grow in resources and power. As for the
      economy, Obama has some close supporters like Warren Buffett, and
      George Soros, who have proven track records in understanding the
      economy. If Obama can get the economy on track, while at the same time
      reducing the arms race and expressing a more cooperative foreign policy,
      everything will be fine. But the economy is a key issue. The economic
      failure of the Wiemar Republic helped the growth of Nazism, and Carter's
      high unemployment and inflation misery index gave us Reagan.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "devogney" <tsmith17_midsouth1@...>