The start

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
      Im watching the Dow and the unemployment numbers. Our new president
      is confronted on all sides. I really want this man to succeed as
      another failed presidency will finish this country as we have known
      it. I am too old for revolution and do not want to finishing my life
      eating rat.
      He needs a win right out of the gate, a bay of pigs fiasco would be
      disasterous. I think he should start with Iraque and disengage and
      refit to finish Osama. I liked the strength in his voice as he spoke
      of the execution of Bin Laudin. It is good that Osama is not a world
      leader, he is a pirate terrorist and any and all methods ,including
      tactical nukes, are in order to kill him. That would get the worlds
      attention.
      Health care reform is going to be very difficult as the health
      insurance moguls will do any thing to keep their ill begotten
      fortunes. Energy reform shares that profile but we need to create jobs
      and building a new energy infrastructure could fill the need.
      Obama ran a campaign of remarkable clarity and now all those promises
      come due. The first year is traditionally the most productive for a new
      president. I am going to try to cut this guy some slack, for a while we
      can all be on his side. Bill
    • devogney
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
        I agree totally. At last, the hopes and dreams of humanity creating a
        better world are being given some expression in the real world. I
        thought the Russian action on the following day of Obama's election
        almost suggests to me the possibility of some collusion between the
        Russians and Neocons. The idea that any reduction of an aggressive
        foreign policy and arms build up will be taken advantage of by rival
        nations is the crux of any militaristic agenda. And of course,the most
        effective propaganda is half truths; and the fact is that not only the
        US but Russia and China also have military industrial police state
        coalitions always seeking to grow in resources and power. As for the
        economy, Obama has some close supporters like Warren Buffett, and
        George Soros, who have proven track records in understanding the
        economy. If Obama can get the economy on track, while at the same time
        reducing the arms race and expressing a more cooperative foreign policy,
        everything will be fine. But the economy is a key issue. The economic
        failure of the Wiemar Republic helped the growth of Nazism, and Carter's
        high unemployment and inflation misery index gave us Reagan.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "devogney" <tsmith17_midsouth1@...>