Re: Secular humanism ahead

  • Jewel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008

      The world is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The sky
      did not fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing with
      politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
      bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
      and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
      they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
      The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
      in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
      **********
      "The whole world is watching." I hope the gatherings this evening in
      Grant/Lincoln park are a celebration rather than the head bashing of 40
      years ago. Secular humanism is a better "truth" or rule of law.
      Whatever god you want to worship in the privacy of your own home or
      bedroom should remain just that, private.

      Free speech can get your skull cracked. One has to pay the price or
      simply shut up. The postmodern xtian martyrs want to rule, hoard, but
      never suffer.

      Jewel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jewel" <s1syfuss_stone@...> wrote:

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>
        > wrote:
        >
        > The world is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The
        sky
        > did not fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing
        with
        > politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
        > bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
        > and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
        > they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
        > The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
        > in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
        > **********
        > "The whole world is watching." I hope the gatherings this evening
        in
        > Grant/Lincoln park are a celebration rather than the head bashing
        of 40
        > years ago. Secular humanism is a better "truth" or rule of law.
        > Whatever god you want to worship in the privacy of your own home or
        > bedroom should remain just that, private.
        >
        > Free speech can get your skull cracked. One has to pay the price or
        > simply shut up. The postmodern xtian martyrs want to rule, hoard,
        but
        > never suffer.
        >
        > Jewel
        >I was there for the head bashing, gassing and storm trooper terror.
        I agree Jewel as it would be good if Chicago remained peaceful. A
        Richard Daley still rules and overreaction is a family staple. Our
        precinct was a walk on and the deed is done for me. We were
        approached by a reporter on exit, I refused all comment or identity.
        Priscilla said I was my usually brusque self but as here on the list
        I did not use profanity just a cold look that drove the reporter
        away. The reporter wanted a picture and comment and I wanted to run.
        What a chance that presents to insert foot in mouth, it is like
        asking a neuroscientist to elaborate. Now I feel like I am sitting
        on a bomb, is it meant for me or the other side? Last night I
        watched Sen Grassley pace behind Palin at a republican rally, he
        acted as if he was stalking her. She seems to have that effect on
        old men.
        Louise has a reasonable gripe on US politics but I hope she knows
        we are brutally authentic about our professions of political
        intent.Five thousand nukes are an awesome responsibility and things
        have become unstable. I know Wil feels the tension and we need
        release pressure on a people that is approaching critical mass. The
        arguments are very philosophical and deal with modernism and its
        battle with conservatism and post modernism. If we reestablish our
        control with secular modernist ideas a great deal could be
        accomplished that even Louise might appreciate. We do not want the US
        to be world bully and by tomorrow we will have a better idea of the
        future. So I wait with the rest of you to see who gets returned to
        the woods and who takes power. Alaska for Alaskans! Bill