Re: Rate Me Please

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
      Do you suppose we could stay with philosophical and related
      subject-matter? What is up with you, Wil, that you humour this sort
      of abuse of the list?? Not that you need to answer, for my sake.
      After all, I am accustomed to find inexplicable the ways of
      socially-adjusted humanity. The drive to conformity is so relentless
      there is little occasion for wondering why conspiracies are so
      successful, in regard to psychiatry as in any other field. Going with
      the grain, the key to success. By the way, how do you know that she
      lacks a life? Probabilities? Ah, perhaps that is why you responded.
      To draw forth Socratic enquiry. To relieve interminable boredom with
      the American elections. To keep your hand in, at charming the fair
      sex. Benignly to lure me from an apparently terminal depression. To
      torment, tease, and practise acerbity. If only you would abandon your
      maddening political delusions, that outstanding brilliance of yours
      could lead us to a philosophical promised land.

      Louise

      > Not too bad, but .... please get a life.
      >
      > Wil

      think I can do better. So I am hoping that I can get some people in
      the group to give me a rating so I can prove her wrong.

    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
        Louise,

        Yes, some of the posts have been underwhelming. I have also been a little
        enervated and tired out by matters elsewhere. I have to say, though, that I am at
        least relieved that all of that neuro-babble seems to have abated.

        As far as the rest goes, you have the better of me here. You have caused me
        to laugh out loud, and the is no mere feat these days.

        Yes, I am also very nervous over election day here. If the election is stolen
        again, this time the US might as well just admit that it is a run of the mill
        oligarchy, and that all of its self-aggrandizing hot air is no more than the
        sanctimony of a global imperialist with a psychotic sense of its own
        entitlement.

        Wil