Re: Secular humanism ahead

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008

      > There are just a few days more for the children of gods to pull
      their
      > fat from the fire. Thay have had things their way for so long
      they do
      > not remember a level playing field let alone an uphill battle for
      any
      > gain they might envision.
      > So how much progress did the christian right stifle? Certainly in
      > housing the right wing has put the lower class back many years in
      the
      > search for decent, affordable housing. They held out the carrot of
      > better life with sub prime financing and now have snatched it away
      > with foreclosure.
      > In international affairs the hard line put forward by Bush has
      left
      > us with two unwinable wars and the loathing of much of the free
      world.
      > We have killed and been killed for two stalemate situations
      > attributable to the neocon iconoclasts who would rather fight than
      > talk.
      > Perhaps one area of loss may turn out to be gain as civil rights
      are
      > being newly promoted in the backlash against the stiff necked
      > christians. Voting rights are an important part of this political
      > season and we will soon see if there will be a fair and clean
      election.
      > In an overall look the bible pounders can look forward to an
      end to
      > their time in power and secularism can return to take us back to
      > progressive path into the future. I would not answer the question
      that
      > CSW refused to answer about post modernism as the term is very ill
      > defined. I think political correctness has been used as a tool of
      the
      > right and will be abandoned along with the neocon
      > lexicon of faith based initiatives. I see nothing there of any
      > practical use and think the right will need to reform under some
      new
      > banner with a new political agenda. In the time we win we must set
      > aside the foolishness of faith based regression and move forward to
      > more free and liberal society. All the things we have made war
      upon
      > can be reexamined in a secular and pragmatic light. The christian
      > warriors can take a rest. Bill
      >It is time for the swift boat attacks. The thrust of one argument is
      that Obama is anti semitic . You will have to make up your own mind.
      I am watching the triumphant return home for sen Ted Stevens. His
      supporters are cheering him wildly. The man was just convicted of
      multiple felonies but refuses to accept the verdict. It is this sort
      of fantastic thinking that seems one encounters after serious
      reversals in life expectations. I think this strange acting out
      shows serious self delusion. They think many will buy these
      prefabricated lies. I hope not but the behavior of the great middle
      has been abominable in the past eight years. They have drifted toward
      religion, militarism and social conservative thinking while
      rejecting modernist ideals and scientific probabilities.
      When will we see this false perception challenged. Why does Sen,
      Stevens get to insult the court that convicted him by saying he is
      not convicted? The democrat running against Libby Dole has backed
      down from Libby`s atheist attack and proclaims her belief in god. Kay
      Hagan has the weak spine of a politician and Libby is a sick old
      woman. I guess it is good Libby is running down but what good will
      the courageous Kay be in office. Kay and Ted could get together and
      pork out a bridge to god. Sen Craig could launch the bridge to god
      from under the lavatory wall of his choice. Throw the self deluded
      creeps out and return rational government to this country. The world
      is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The sky did not
      fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing with
      politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
      bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
      and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
      they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
      The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
      in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
    • Jewel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008

        The world is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The sky
        did not fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing with
        politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
        bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
        and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
        they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
        The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
        in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
        **********
        "The whole world is watching." I hope the gatherings this evening in
        Grant/Lincoln park are a celebration rather than the head bashing of 40
        years ago. Secular humanism is a better "truth" or rule of law.
        Whatever god you want to worship in the privacy of your own home or
        bedroom should remain just that, private.

        Free speech can get your skull cracked. One has to pay the price or
        simply shut up. The postmodern xtian martyrs want to rule, hoard, but
        never suffer.

        Jewel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jewel" <s1syfuss_stone@...> wrote:

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>
          > wrote:
          >
          > The world is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The
          sky
          > did not fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing
          with
          > politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
          > bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
          > and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
          > they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
          > The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
          > in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
          > **********
          > "The whole world is watching." I hope the gatherings this evening
          in
          > Grant/Lincoln park are a celebration rather than the head bashing
          of 40
          > years ago. Secular humanism is a better "truth" or rule of law.
          > Whatever god you want to worship in the privacy of your own home or
          > bedroom should remain just that, private.
          >
          > Free speech can get your skull cracked. One has to pay the price or
          > simply shut up. The postmodern xtian martyrs want to rule, hoard,
          but
          > never suffer.
          >
          > Jewel
          >I was there for the head bashing, gassing and storm trooper terror.
          I agree Jewel as it would be good if Chicago remained peaceful. A
          Richard Daley still rules and overreaction is a family staple. Our
          precinct was a walk on and the deed is done for me. We were
          approached by a reporter on exit, I refused all comment or identity.
          Priscilla said I was my usually brusque self but as here on the list
          I did not use profanity just a cold look that drove the reporter
          away. The reporter wanted a picture and comment and I wanted to run.
          What a chance that presents to insert foot in mouth, it is like
          asking a neuroscientist to elaborate. Now I feel like I am sitting
          on a bomb, is it meant for me or the other side? Last night I
          watched Sen Grassley pace behind Palin at a republican rally, he
          acted as if he was stalking her. She seems to have that effect on
          old men.
          Louise has a reasonable gripe on US politics but I hope she knows
          we are brutally authentic about our professions of political
          intent.Five thousand nukes are an awesome responsibility and things
          have become unstable. I know Wil feels the tension and we need
          release pressure on a people that is approaching critical mass. The
          arguments are very philosophical and deal with modernism and its
          battle with conservatism and post modernism. If we reestablish our
          control with secular modernist ideas a great deal could be
          accomplished that even Louise might appreciate. We do not want the US
          to be world bully and by tomorrow we will have a better idea of the
          future. So I wait with the rest of you to see who gets returned to
          the woods and who takes power. Alaska for Alaskans! Bill