Re: Absurdus Camal Spit

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 28, 2008

      > > management types seem to have been the ones most
      > > susceptible to various
      > > propagandists like Rush Limbaugh,
      >
      > Oh, he does propaganda? I thought it was comedy.
      >
      > Nit Vit Poop
      Limbaugh was not the first of the right wing obfuscators. Preceeding
      him was Paul Harvey. His quirky delivery hid his radical right
      agenda. My elders did not understand much about right/left politics
      nor did they know that most announcers had very real bias. That is
      the curse of the poorly educated they are very much at the mercy of
      more clever opportunists. I have friends in the republican base and
      their whole world view is provided by the right wing pundits. They
      make serious mistakes in issues that cost them great amounts of
      time, health and money. Once they have heard it on the radio or tube
      it is gospel and they rarely look deeper into the issue as to its
      impact on their lives.
      This morning one of them assured me that Bush did not ok the recent
      incursion into Syria. Rush had told him the decision was made at a
      low level but was still correct. You tell me ,what can be done in the
      face of such deception and ignorance. Of course the Bush Doctrine
      stands foresquare behind such illegal forays. The Bush doctrine is
      backed up by Bush and as a member of the christian right Bush is
      backed up by god. Few consider that Bush has become an autocrat with
      more in common with Calligula than Washington or Jefferson. The
      corrupt felon Ted Stevens is returning to Alaska to campaign for
      reelection. The far right is already castigating the dems for
      possible use of their authority to refuse to seat a convicted felon.
      We have fallen a long way as such twisted thinking seems normal to
      the republican base. It is time to destroy the base at the polls and
      cut it to pieces in the courts. Bill