telling a tale

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2008
      so far as i recall, it happened like this, how they put my race on me.
      unaware, ignorant, wandering the streets, in search of memories, locked
      away in a storehouse somewhere, so i presumed, time and again they
      approached my frame, braced against their crowding. a dirty white skin
      they would carry, force it over my head, gather round to sneer and
      menace. look at the white racist, the rejected one. it was so much
      trouble to go to, and me only looking for memory, my own. i am green,
      i am yellow, do you feel any better now, what, in the end, is this
      problem with skin? it's only disguise, a familiar lie, the problem is
      truth. is that what the people want, of philosophic thinkers, to tell
      them clearly, out of old books, or new books, what they already know
      but have lost the way to say it, to stand up, or that many forgot, or
      never even knew in the first place? to tell the truth, a different
      story every time, absolute to its time, and place.

      Louise