Re: why

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 22, 2008
      Wil,

      When I am more in health, I might articulate a response, but in the
      past I have found you very resistant to the evidence that white
      people are under attack, and you have specifically told me that it is
      better to steer clear of the subject of 'racism'. The need to define
      terms is the primary need, when there is so much unclarity and
      personal hurt involved in the topic. Multiculturalism is built upon
      suppositions that have philosophical content. I think it legitimate
      and important to discuss that content. First, I need to ensure that
      my own contact with reality, including sensitivity of feeling, is
      adequate to the task.

      Louise

      > L,
      >
      > Academics is not genocidal. If you do not care for the multi-
      culturalists that you have heard recently, articulate a response or
      read someone else. Zizek offers a very good critique of those pseudo-
      radicals, but he is very left-wing and a tad dense to read.

      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?

      > redir=http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)

    • Knott
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 25, 2008
        > it makes you feel like your life aint so bad...homeless
        > people that I know are just as well adjusted as the sucessful
        > people I know. They just happen to spend their time differently.

        Actually I was a bit disappointed once to circulate amongst several
        nearly brilliant psychiatrists who determined each on their own in the
        end that I wasn't crazy enough to treat...either that or the current
        drug set just doesn't come in my flavor of wall-paper paste. There are
        times when a placebo is better than a clean bill of health. Give me
        blood-letting and voodoo any day because I'm stupid enough to believe
        anything. Louise (who you don't know) was just having a moment, which
        she may even have had before and can have again. We (who you don't
        know) all leave once in a while...leDuard (who you don't know), Mr.
        Dad (who you don't know)...and maybe we come back. Once in a while
        people come back as other people (who you don't know)...I think I (who
        you don't know) was allowed to be le Duard for a few days once, and
        then a moderator-gawd (who you don't know) told me to stop -- and what
        if I'd become leDuard? You have to listen to the deep booming voices
        or you get nicked with lightning and if I were French I'd be toast.

        There is no loss in barnacle interest that has found a new boat bottom
        from which to feverishly lick the ocean.

        Choleric Moccasin