Re: why

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 22, 2008
      Sarah, Thank you for your encouraging comments, and your love.
      Honest words, what else is there to offer someone in need of
      reassurance or consolation. Normally I prefer to conceal my
      feelings, and yet I have found that under extreme mental conditions
      personal feeling demands expression of some kind seemingly
      independent of my own will. A very unsettling experience, leading to
      questions about freedom, control, and the very concept of human
      nature. What is the soul? Not a question that has been aired much
      at the list. Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, sarah konishi <hirotakakonishi@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, don't quit. I spent a week in a "mental health" institution.
      When you see that there are people more messed up than you, it makes
      you feel like your life aint so bad. I thought I was the only one
      who was messed up, but after observing others, I realize there is no
      normality for anyone. Funny, but, I noticed that the homeless people
      that I know are just as well adjusted as the sucessful people I
      know. They just happen to spend their time differently. Don't
      leave, I am a newcomer and I need someone to empathise with me.
      Love, sk

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 22, 2008
        Wil,

        When I am more in health, I might articulate a response, but in the
        past I have found you very resistant to the evidence that white
        people are under attack, and you have specifically told me that it is
        better to steer clear of the subject of 'racism'. The need to define
        terms is the primary need, when there is so much unclarity and
        personal hurt involved in the topic. Multiculturalism is built upon
        suppositions that have philosophical content. I think it legitimate
        and important to discuss that content. First, I need to ensure that
        my own contact with reality, including sensitivity of feeling, is
        adequate to the task.

        Louise

        > L,
        >
        > Academics is not genocidal. If you do not care for the multi-
        culturalists that you have heard recently, articulate a response or
        read someone else. Zizek offers a very good critique of those pseudo-
        radicals, but he is very left-wing and a tad dense to read.

        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?

        > redir=http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)

      • Knott
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 25, 2008
          > it makes you feel like your life aint so bad...homeless
          > people that I know are just as well adjusted as the sucessful
          > people I know. They just happen to spend their time differently.

          Actually I was a bit disappointed once to circulate amongst several
          nearly brilliant psychiatrists who determined each on their own in the
          end that I wasn't crazy enough to treat...either that or the current
          drug set just doesn't come in my flavor of wall-paper paste. There are
          times when a placebo is better than a clean bill of health. Give me
          blood-letting and voodoo any day because I'm stupid enough to believe
          anything. Louise (who you don't know) was just having a moment, which
          she may even have had before and can have again. We (who you don't
          know) all leave once in a while...leDuard (who you don't know), Mr.
          Dad (who you don't know)...and maybe we come back. Once in a while
          people come back as other people (who you don't know)...I think I (who
          you don't know) was allowed to be le Duard for a few days once, and
          then a moderator-gawd (who you don't know) told me to stop -- and what
          if I'd become leDuard? You have to listen to the deep booming voices
          or you get nicked with lightning and if I were French I'd be toast.

          There is no loss in barnacle interest that has found a new boat bottom
          from which to feverishly lick the ocean.

          Choleric Moccasin