Re: What do you think

  • devogney
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008

      > Which nation tends most to rudeness?
      >
      > This list was such a shock, to my sensibility.
      >
      > My failings are many. Lack of tact.
      >
      > I speak for myself, but are there ears, to hear.
      >
      > Well, where is Jesus?
      >
      > Please try to forgive the effects of incomprehension.
      >
      > Are we not all animals?
      >
      > That wasn't a philosophical question.

      The fact that humans are part animal, but also have a rational brain
      with the capacity to override instinct has been and is both a
      blessing and a curse. In terms of survival, obiously the rational
      brain has served us relatively well, if u consider the fact that
      humans have increased in numbers about 4 times in the last century.
      I'd guess that the myth of eating from the fruit of the tree of
      knowlege represented the emergance of cognitive capacity in
      humanity.On the negative side of course, humans r much more prone to
      anxieties etc than other creatures. And of course, the rapidly
      increasing human abilities in science and technology create more and
      more the power to create a heaven or hell. At the beginning of the
      20th century, most of the leading thinkers foresaw the increased
      technological powers of humanity as the arrival of a new age where
      the problems of hunger, and wars resulting from them would cease to
      be. After two world wars, and the developement of nuclear power, the
      cold war, and the bad start we've had in the 21st century;the fact
      becomes evidant that increased science and technology without
      increased wisdom can very well be counterproductive. It's like the
      fairy story where the person acquires new found powers, but often
      uses them unwisely. To what extent will advances in science and
      technology be used to fight hunger, disease, and stimulate human
      evolution, or to what extent will it be primarily used to make more
      lethal weapons and more intrusive survalence? The answer my friend is
      blowing in the wind.

      Tossing and Turning

      Tossing and turning, waking up from a long slumber.

      Getting hip to being more than just a number.

      Getting hip to trees being more than just lumber.

      Rising and falling, starting and stalling.

      Is it the New Age or Armageddon, that we hear calling?

      Groovy man

      by the Cool Cat
      www.thecoolcat.net