Re: Newbie

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Rose Lieberman" <lapis@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Bill. As far as fooling around with metaphysics, I've actually
      gone that route. In fact, I was a member of the Rosicrucian Order
      for about a dozen years - some 20 years ago. Had I known then that
      it was all irrelevant (a nice word for bullshit), I could have saved
      a lot ta money on dues.

      > Of course, I joined it just after I left my mother's abusive home,
      I was 20, I was just married and walking my own path, feeling like a
      grownup. Someone introduced me to metaphysics, the occult, and a
      whole lotta crap. It was exciting, it was new - after all, I was a
      good catlick goyl (showing my Brooklyn roots...). Then I read
      Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" in the 70's and the illusion
      was complete.

      > Then about 20 years later, I was introduced to "inner child" work
      and the relevance of women and feminism and tried to find my own way
      along a more self-aware, psychological, inner path. Then I got
      sidetracked to goddess as an alternative to patriarchy.

      > But all these diversions were the same story - just the faces and
      names were changed.

      > It took clinical depression to expose the crap for what it was.
      I'm glad for the crazy-making biochemistry. Because when it was
      over, I turned around and all those -isms looked alike.

      > And here I am.
      >
      > Rose

      >I have hung out with a number of high level Rastafarian's. We got
      tired of forgetting out great thoughts and went back to napping. It
      seems to me there is far too much going on. Too busy,rushed and
      dangerously under thought. The progressive left is trying out its
      avionics and crashes are possible. There is a possible light out
      there as business seems on a slight rebound. I have been working too
      much and may need reinforcements.
      It seems you have killed your gods,I suppose I was far on the way
      when I interrupted a Sunday sermon with an anti Vietnam war defense.
      I just couldn't`t stand the lies any longer.
      They run me hard when they tip and dive the economy I have double
      stanchions to man. As I left today it was stable over the weekend
      break.
      Lock step, rigid systems may get bent under the pressure of
      anticipation, it is past time. Obama knows we will need nukes and
      Biden slipped it in last night. Lots of cement work. I worked as and
      work with laborers, cement workers. That's the kind of tough we are
      going to need. It is so hard a life that only a few last long. We
      will need hundreds of thousands of such workers and I will have to
      fix their teeth. That is one reason I am fried. So Rose you better
      get up to speed quick cause the bible pounders are gonna whail when
      they feel the lash. Go to college kids, stay out from between the
      forms. Bill