Re: Sensible existentialism?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 22, 2008
      > Hello Louise
      >
      > Where would one find the ontological presuppositions for faith?
      >
      > Jessie

      Jessie,

      Not having a systematic training in philosophy, my reply must be a
      little tentative. Bill knows much more about this than I do, but
      anything that recalls the underpinnings of the Roman Catholic faith is
      difficult matter for him, and I respect his intolerance for speaking on
      the subject. So, from my own knowledge, I would suggest Aquinas and
      Anselm. Possibly Wil could correct me if I'm wrong. Further, as Bill
      recently indicated, I tend to route my own approach through poetry, and
      so personally I would recommend that you try reading Dante's "Divine
      Comedy" (the translation by C.H.Sisson is very fine, with good
      introduction and notes besides). If you don't like it, I wouldn't
      recommend exploring ontology.

      Louise