Prohibitionists/abolitionist

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008
      I will leave it up to you to decide which is more proper to describe
      a set of people that seem in the attendance. They want to ban
      things, they want to make things and actions illegal, they want
      language purified, they want absolute authority.
      Few still remember the classic abolitionists, they wanted an end to
      human slavery. I am not speaking of them and I think the term in
      reference to them is mostly forgotten. Perhaps the idea of
      abolishment of things and ideas is much to simplistic for description
      of the sort of gnomes I wish to name. At their radical source they
      are exactly the opposite of the classic abolitionists. They want to
      abolish certain races of people. Now we might call them bigots but
      then that would not be politically correct. They have become more
      clever as when insurance companies put up huge anti drunk driving
      campaigns. They wish me to applaud their public safety stance but I
      understand their claims paid motivation. It is meant to be confusing
      and so I might be playing to their strength in labeling them
      abolitionists.
      We are schooled to think prohibition does not work, it is the work
      of weak and desperate losers who have lost out in real world
      politics. Yet that sort is still here in the Midwest. They are strict
      moralists and social conservatives. They are believers who exhibit
      the twisted reasoning of the fellow Wil so aptly crucified a few
      posts back. Nice work Wil , I am slowing down but still appreciate a
      well placed thrust .
      Neither of these titles seem apt in describing these dower people of
      sameness. I think of their sacred book and remember the prescription
      that we are bound to not call them fools. It is still the creeps who
      write insurance contracts trying to stop any derision of their
      nefarious acts. Being overwhelmed with loathing I will retire before
      I soil my jumper. Any help out there? Bill