Re: eternal sunshine

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <mary.jo11@...> wrote:

      > > I've avoided that whole thing myself.
      >
      > Perhaps.

      Wil was referring, I thought, to voluntary acceptance of medication.

      > In 2004 they discovered trace amounts in the British water system.
      > Here is a clever, informative article. Recently, a plethora of
      > medications, estrogen, and other personality altering chemicals have
      > been found in many U.S. water systems. Apparently our government
      > waited longer to inform us :)

      Failure to inform the citizenry of poisoned water supplies? How is
      that amusing?

      > http://biopsychiatry.com/fluoxetine/prozac-review.html
      >
      > Mary

      As to the title of your piece, 'eternal sunshine', seems to me an
      oxymoron. One might conceivably have 'everlasting sunshine', if
      major scientific assumptions about the universe proved incorrect.
      Eternity, however, is a qualitative term, belonging, so far as I
      know, to the categories of metaphysics or theology. Still, as a
      product name, it sounds ideal for sale in the depths of hell. Humour
      is so subjective.

      Louise