Re: [existlist] Re: Tradition ...

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      Jim,

      I've avoided that whole thing myself.

      Wil

      In a message dated 7/6/08 9:02:03 AM, jjimstuart1@... writes:

      > Wil,
      >
      > Here a lot of people my age (51 years old) are on prozac.
      >
      > I would prefer to be miserable, rather than medicated to some
      > artificial state of happiness or forgetfulness.
      >
      > Jim

    • mary.jo11
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
        > I've avoided that whole thing myself.

        Perhaps.

        In 2004 they discovered trace amounts in the British water system.
        Here is a clever, informative article. Recently, a plethora of
        medications, estrogen, and other personality altering chemicals have
        been found in many U.S. water systems. Apparently our government
        waited longer to inform us :)

        http://biopsychiatry.com/fluoxetine/prozac-review.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <mary.jo11@...> wrote:

          > > I've avoided that whole thing myself.
          >
          > Perhaps.

          Wil was referring, I thought, to voluntary acceptance of medication.

          > In 2004 they discovered trace amounts in the British water system.
          > Here is a clever, informative article. Recently, a plethora of
          > medications, estrogen, and other personality altering chemicals have
          > been found in many U.S. water systems. Apparently our government
          > waited longer to inform us :)

          Failure to inform the citizenry of poisoned water supplies? How is
          that amusing?

          > http://biopsychiatry.com/fluoxetine/prozac-review.html
          >
          > Mary

          As to the title of your piece, 'eternal sunshine', seems to me an
          oxymoron. One might conceivably have 'everlasting sunshine', if
          major scientific assumptions about the universe proved incorrect.
          Eternity, however, is a qualitative term, belonging, so far as I
          know, to the categories of metaphysics or theology. Still, as a
          product name, it sounds ideal for sale in the depths of hell. Humour
          is so subjective.

          Louise