Goodby Renee

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      I began the 4th by reading the Declaration of Independence. It makes
      me happy to read a true revolutionary philosopher. Thomas Jefferson
      threw down the gauntlet to the old world
      order,politically,philosophically and militarily. He demanded Europe
      to stay away and forced the issue on all fronts. So when I read
      Existlist recent comments from our European contributors still
      replaying Descartes I felt happy to be apart.
      I like Europe and have enjoyed many good times there and it is
      possible for me to sense the oldness, the dogmatism of our
      ancestors. It took FN and Sartre to begin any great revision to the
      old world and it was a paper revolution of partial effect. Jefferson
      went off at 90degrees at light speed and forced a new world. While
      the continent was thinking about thinking, Jefferson was making grand
      suppositions that remain unsupported but which preform in the real,
      new world. The raucous"All men are created equal"is blatantly at
      error with observable truth and therefore laughable to European
      scholastics. But a people radical enough to try a system based on
      equality came up a winner. We don't believe in equality we force
      ourselves to live it. Without the weight of dogmatic classes
      Americans compete in a brave new world of meritocracy which tunes
      the soma to the cosmos. It is an endless revolution to press for
      equality and bastards of all sort are tearing it down as fast as we
      build it.
      In appearance our politics is a shambles, out economy a bust, and
      out spirits bent but the beast can be felt roaring below. Our
      royalist leader is drifting away and the military has warned him to
      start no new wars. Young Americans want and need the levers of power.
      I can feel the changes coming, our young do not feel the weight of
      racism even after the slaver Bush has stopped progress. They actually
      do not care if they or their children are white. There is a great
      cross pollination going on right under our noses. There are so many
      shades that they mean little or nothing. There is great competitive
      energy built up in that motley crew and I wish these young navigators
      a rousing flight into the future. Bill
    • mary.jo11
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
        To recognize the opportunity, to seize the freedom secured by others
        and to live without excuse or apology, to thrive in our mutual
        miseries ...

        Happy Independence Day!