Re: Literary abuses

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
      Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I am viewing you from a perspective
      alien to you, a particular Protestant Christian tradition. So I am
      able to enjoy your irony, if my perception is clear enough. This is
      all connected, for me, with Kierkegaard's view of the relationship
      between the aesthetic level of awareness (despair of the young
      man, "Either/Or") and the ethical (represented by Judge William). I
      do wonder exactly what gods are in charge of the earth, in the twenty-
      first century. Their sense of humour seems most alarming. Or maybe
      they just enjoy torture.

      Louise