Re: testing

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
      > Darpa is another matter as it denotes DOD covert plans for various
      > weapons systems, some of a PSYOPS nature. It would seem defense
      > spooks have had reason to support some members of this list. That
      > might bother you more than my eating steak and having right wing
      > friends. Do you want your posts scanned for possible weapons
      > applications ? Probably not.

      I was (am) a systems programmer, with a peculiar specialty. My shift into neurological
      research is tangentially related to my computer work. Some brains are just "different" with
      skills that can be used for solving a variety of problems.

      The best problems are how to disable weapons... that takes creativity.

      From a philosophical view, it is how do you deal with aggression without using force?
      There are a great many "weapons" that are not only non-lethal, but they also disable other
      weapons.

      "The Mouse that Roared" is one of my favorite books, along with "On the Beach." I know
      Cold War theory no longer holds, though. There are people quite willing to die, to whom
      "mutually assured destruction" means nothing because of their belief in an afterlife.

      I wonder how to reason with faith -- and keep running into Kierkegaard along the way.

      - CSW