Re: [existlist] testing

  • Aija Veldre Beldavs
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 9, 2008
      > This one's in English. To my friend Bill.
      > Louise

      wondering what is NOT existential...
      then here's another one in English to Friend Bill:D
      http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/fiore/2008/02/doreen-the-downer.html

      aija
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 9, 2008
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs <beldavsa@...>
        wrote:

        > > This one's in English. To my friend Bill.
        > > Louise
        >
        > wondering what is NOT existential...
        > then here's another one in English to Friend Bill:D
        > http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/fiore/2008/02/doreen-the-
        downer.html

        > aija
        >Aija, I have had a subscription to "Mother Jones", it would suggest
        a tendency toward left wing politics. The particular cartoon you
        suggested would have at its base a suggestion of vegetarianism. I am
        neither left wing or a vegetarian. I will not take the time to attack
        your life style choices.
        Darpa is another matter as it denotes DOD covert plans for various
        weapons systems, some of a PSYOPS nature. It would seem defense
        spooks have had reason to support some members of this list. That
        might bother you more than my eating steak and having right wing
        friends. Do you want your posts scanned for possible weapons
        applications ? Probably not.
        I really do not care but would appreciate a lucrative contract if my
        writing proves a viable weapon in DARPA experimentation. Think, you
        Aija might be the next Kalesnikoff building a psyops weapon to
        conquer the world. Write CSW for a grant application it seems he is
        the master of black ops. Bill
      • Aija Veldre Beldavs
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
          > I really do not care but would appreciate a lucrative contract if my
          > writing proves a viable weapon in DARPA experimentation. Think, you
          > Aija might be the next Kalesnikoff building a psyops weapon to
          > conquer the world. Write CSW for a grant application it seems he is
          > the master of black ops. Bill

          does that mean there's some kind of exclusion of "left wing or a
          vegetarian" as existentialists on this list?

          aija,
          scanning the net for "Kalesnikoff" & other above references found an
          entry for "Steroid induced psychosis in systemic lupus erythematosus: a
          possible role of serum albumin level" by one J. Kalesnikoff in -Current
          Opinion in Rheumatology,- 15(5):656-674, September 2003.:)
        • eupraxis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
            "does that mean there's some kind of exclusion of "left wing or a
            vegetarian" as existentialists on this list?"

            Not if I have something to say about it.

            Wil

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
              > Darpa is another matter as it denotes DOD covert plans for various
              > weapons systems, some of a PSYOPS nature. It would seem defense
              > spooks have had reason to support some members of this list. That
              > might bother you more than my eating steak and having right wing
              > friends. Do you want your posts scanned for possible weapons
              > applications ? Probably not.

              I was (am) a systems programmer, with a peculiar specialty. My shift into neurological
              research is tangentially related to my computer work. Some brains are just "different" with
              skills that can be used for solving a variety of problems.

              The best problems are how to disable weapons... that takes creativity.

              From a philosophical view, it is how do you deal with aggression without using force?
              There are a great many "weapons" that are not only non-lethal, but they also disable other
              weapons.

              "The Mouse that Roared" is one of my favorite books, along with "On the Beach." I know
              Cold War theory no longer holds, though. There are people quite willing to die, to whom
              "mutually assured destruction" means nothing because of their belief in an afterlife.

              I wonder how to reason with faith -- and keep running into Kierkegaard along the way.

              - CSW