re : real and imagined and fighting it out

  • Mc Colly, Fred James
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      the kennedys got us into the bay of pigs and the cuban missle crisis (
      admittedly with khrushchev's help) because that elitist fornicator had
      to be a colder cold warrior than freaking nixon...bobby kennedy got
      killed because of his support for those "tough guy" israelis who seem
      determined to pursue the lessons they learned to all the wrong
      ends...some "light to the world"...perhaps it's time for both sides to
      exit their inane revenge cycle and learn to live and let live ( i'm
      assuning brotherly love is out of the question and probably doesn't
      exist anyway) before they doom us all...sonewhere in the biblical
      millenarianist nonsense the powers that be have lost sight of the fact
      that we live in the here and now, not in some jesus based future...get
      a grip..
      fred
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mc Colly, Fred James"
        <fmccolly@...> wrote:

        > the kennedys got us into the bay of pigs and the cuban missle
        crisis (
        > admittedly with khrushchev's help) because that elitist fornicator
        had
        > to be a colder cold warrior than freaking nixon...bobby kennedy got
        > killed because of his support for those "tough guy" israelis who
        seem
        > determined to pursue the lessons they learned to all the wrong
        > ends...some "light to the world"...perhaps it's time for both sides
        > exit their inane revenge cycle and learn to live and let live (
        i'm
        > assuning brotherly love is out of the question and probably doesn't
        > exist anyway) before they doom us all...sonewhere in the biblical
        > millenarianist nonsense the powers that be have lost sight of the
        fact
        > that we live in the here and now, not in some jesus based
        future...get
        > a grip..
        > fred
        >Fred, The iron butts have always been with us. The survival strategy
        works but leads to a life of conflict and pain. I met a good number
        of the Kennedys in "65". They were the ultimate iron butts. They
        were taught to win at any cost. It was clannery and made them
        dangerous men. Nixon was the protestant form of righteous warrior, he
        could not be a crook because what he did to survive was right. It is
        the attitude of "The Prince" and is essentially anti factual and
        filled with bushido fanaticism.
        I was taught to admire and fear these sort of men but after they
        killed the Kennedys I was shocked back in reevaluation. Living the
        life of a Chicago style pol is a fuck your buddy marathon. Then
        again most nonviolent people are in that mode because they are not
        capable of agressive success. I think Fred might have some ideas of
        ways to avoid the battle ground of the iron butts.
        An F16 just came up short on his approach, I had not been that
        close to a fighter in a long time. The air guard will be getting a
        few calls on that buzz. Want a fighter pilot or a Chicago pol for
        Pres ? I am sure they are tough enough, are we? Bill