Unconscionable speech

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
      To Wil, to CSW, to Susan, and to all who may have been offended by any
      of my most recent posts, #44140, 44141, 44149, I apologise
      unreservedly. Whilst - to quote myself - not wishing to be rude to
      anyone, I seemingly launch forth at times into a series of statements
      inherently contradictory and, frankly, rude. At least, so it seems
      with hindsight. My own condition of mind at the time persuades me that
      the meaning of what I have written will be apparent to others in the
      context of a signification-world that seems common, but in fact is
      private and single. Hence my subsequent feeling of utter dismay, when
      I realise how a written message might sound like some kind of a
      threat. As Wil pointed out to me, "you ARE holding that baseball bat
      in a rather hostile manner." Even after pondering this matter several
      times during the course of the day, I cannot find a satisfactory way to
      explain what I wish to explain. The entanglements of language have so
      caught up with me, I feel defeated by the very passion for honesty
      which has shaped my adult, existentialist life. I still retain the
      desire to give an account of what I take to be truth, but am capable at
      present only of this very basic apology. Louise
    • mary.jo11
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
        Louise,

        If I had even a modicum of the requisite focus and energy you've
        garnered to write this articulate apology, I might be able to write
        again some day. No one should question your responsible existentialism.

        Mary
      • eupraxis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
          Louise,

          You certainly do not have to apologise to me, although I really do appreciate
          the gesture.

          All the best,
          Wil