Cumulate

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2008
      How do scripts work? Eventually. Anyway, there's a difference between
      not caring about the lives, and not caring to read about the lives, of
      philosophers. If only we nurtured our best intellectuals, instead of
      grooming them to make successful careers. Isn't it all just a variant
      on the old Communist systems, which tended to wipe them out? I'm not
      writing for popularity, obviously, and tact is not my strong point.
      Seems to me that the epidemics of depression and autism are related to
      this tyranny of the systemic life, duly celebrated in biography. A
      very complex story that would make, and I have a long way to go before
      such intricate narrative could flow from my typing fingers. Unless the
      scientists surprise me, perhaps, and come up with a cognitive technique
      able to release that sort of repressed detail. Following my own
      personal experience, I am unlikely to put any faith in the
      pharmaceutical ventures. But there again, as Bill has pointed out, we
      are simply writers. Something else determines change. Louise