Re: Existentialism Makes The "A" List

  • mary.jo11
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4 3:52 PM
      I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)

      Mary

      <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

      >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic age.
      The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed the
      freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
      Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
      understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein is
      one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
      enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill

      absence of absolutes
      absence of objective reality
      absence of constraint
      absurdism
      accountability
      activism
      adaptation
      aesthetics*
      agnosticism
      alienation
      alterity
      ambiguity
      ambivalence
      angst
      anxiety
      assimilation
      atheism
      atomic*
      authenticity
      awareness
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5 9:46 AM
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <ophiuchus@...> wrote:
        >Artistic
        > I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)
        >
        > Mary
        >
        > <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
        >
        > >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic
        age.
        > The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed
        the
        > freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
        > Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
        > understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein
        is
        > one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
        > enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill
        >
        > The modernism that flowed from existential concepts was and is
        manifest in modern art, especially cubism. It will be cherished for
        centuries.Bill
        > absence of absolutes
        > absence of objective reality
        > absence of constraint
        > absurdism
        > accountability
        > activism
        > adaptation
        > aesthetics*
        > agnosticism
        > alienation
        > alterity
        > ambiguity
        > ambivalence
        > angst
        > anxiety
        > assimilation
        > atheism
        > atomic*
        > authenticity
        > awareness

      • mary.jo11
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5 10:25 AM
          And let us not forget Alberto Giacometti, friend and confident of
          Sartre, Beauvoir, and Beckett. His stark sculptures have often been
          described as expressions of existential anguish. Mary