Re: Existentialism Makes The "A" List

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
      Atomic--- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <ophiuchus@...>
      wrote:

      > absence of absolutes
      > absence of objective reality
      > absence of constraint
      > absurdism
      > accountability
      > activism
      > adaptation
      > agnosticism
      > alienation
      > alterity
      > ambiguity
      > ambivalence
      > angst
      > anxiety
      > assimilation*
      > atheism
      > authenticity
      > awareness
      >
      > I've included assimilation. Anyone else?
      >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic age.
      The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed the
      freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
      Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
      understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein is
      one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
      enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill
    • mary.jo11
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
        I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)

        Mary

        <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

        >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic age.
        The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed the
        freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
        Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
        understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein is
        one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
        enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill

        absence of absolutes
        absence of objective reality
        absence of constraint
        absurdism
        accountability
        activism
        adaptation
        aesthetics*
        agnosticism
        alienation
        alterity
        ambiguity
        ambivalence
        angst
        anxiety
        assimilation
        atheism
        atomic*
        authenticity
        awareness
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2008
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <ophiuchus@...> wrote:
          >Artistic
          > I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)
          >
          > Mary
          >
          > <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
          >
          > >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic
          age.
          > The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed
          the
          > freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
          > Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
          > understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein
          is
          > one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
          > enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill
          >
          > The modernism that flowed from existential concepts was and is
          manifest in modern art, especially cubism. It will be cherished for
          centuries.Bill
          > absence of absolutes
          > absence of objective reality
          > absence of constraint
          > absurdism
          > accountability
          > activism
          > adaptation
          > aesthetics*
          > agnosticism
          > alienation
          > alterity
          > ambiguity
          > ambivalence
          > angst
          > anxiety
          > assimilation
          > atheism
          > atomic*
          > authenticity
          > awareness

        • mary.jo11
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2008
            And let us not forget Alberto Giacometti, friend and confident of
            Sartre, Beauvoir, and Beckett. His stark sculptures have often been
            described as expressions of existential anguish. Mary