Re: Existentialism Makes The "A" List

  • mary.jo11
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
      absence of absolutes
      absence of objective reality
      absence of constraint
      absurdism
      accountability
      activism
      adaptation
      agnosticism
      alienation
      alterity
      ambiguity
      ambivalence
      angst
      anxiety
      assimilation*
      atheism
      authenticity
      awareness

      I've included assimilation. Anyone else?
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
        Atomic--- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <ophiuchus@...>
        wrote:

        > absence of absolutes
        > absence of objective reality
        > absence of constraint
        > absurdism
        > accountability
        > activism
        > adaptation
        > agnosticism
        > alienation
        > alterity
        > ambiguity
        > ambivalence
        > angst
        > anxiety
        > assimilation*
        > atheism
        > authenticity
        > awareness
        >
        > I've included assimilation. Anyone else?
        >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic age.
        The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed the
        freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
        Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
        understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein is
        one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
        enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill
      • mary.jo11
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
          I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)

          Mary

          <v.valleywestdental@...> wrote:

          >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic age.
          The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed the
          freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
          Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
          understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein is
          one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
          enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill

          absence of absolutes
          absence of objective reality
          absence of constraint
          absurdism
          accountability
          activism
          adaptation
          aesthetics*
          agnosticism
          alienation
          alterity
          ambiguity
          ambivalence
          angst
          anxiety
          assimilation
          atheism
          atomic*
          authenticity
          awareness
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2008
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.jo11" <ophiuchus@...> wrote:
            >Artistic
            > I'll see that and raise you an aesthetics :)
            >
            > Mary
            >
            > <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
            >
            > >Atomic, Ours is the first philosophy written within the atomic
            age.
            > The fluidity of mind necessary to delve into atomic theory needed
            the
            > freedom the early existentialists allowed. The great schism from
            > Newton could only be accomplished by minds of a new order . They
            > understood Newton but could think differently from him. Eienstein
            is
            > one of the new thinkers as Newton was the flowering of the
            > enlightinment. Existentialism is the first atomic philosophy. Bill
            >
            > The modernism that flowed from existential concepts was and is
            manifest in modern art, especially cubism. It will be cherished for
            centuries.Bill
            > absence of absolutes
            > absence of objective reality
            > absence of constraint
            > absurdism
            > accountability
            > activism
            > adaptation
            > aesthetics*
            > agnosticism
            > alienation
            > alterity
            > ambiguity
            > ambivalence
            > angst
            > anxiety
            > assimilation
            > atheism
            > atomic*
            > authenticity
            > awareness

          • mary.jo11
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2008
              And let us not forget Alberto Giacometti, friend and confident of
              Sartre, Beauvoir, and Beckett. His stark sculptures have often been
              described as expressions of existential anguish. Mary