Derrida &

  • mary.jo11
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008
      The primary criticism of Derrida is that his word play seems pointless
      and endless. Yet it appears to me as very productive from the
      perspective of reverse engineering. Deconstruction lays bare
      contradictions and inconsistencies in language and discourse which
      point to our alterity. Isn't it possible that some people have some
      original thoughts and others have none? Isn't this why we reject great
      ideas uttered by perceived opponents; because of their language and
      what we "hear" instead of what they might be saying?